Custom Quote Template Beta

ethankopit
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

Providing feedback on new template design

Hey folks - our team is approaching a new phase in our beta. We believe that it's in the best interest for everyone to transition from creating templates that are pure HTML/CSS/JS, to templates that based on HubSpot CMS modules. By building templates based on modules, we will be able to offer you so much more functionality, including a simple no-code editor for quote/proposal templates, content edit controls, etc. 

However, before we make module-based templates the norm, we'd like to collect feedback on how the new templates will work and identify any points of friction for folks who have already written templates. 

If you're willing to try out the new templates or (ideally) willing to try and migrate your custom templates over to a module-based format, we'd would love to speak with you. If you're interested in providing us feedback here, please submit this short form. I'll followup with you ASAP and schedule a time.

12 Replies 12
RSmola
Participant

Can I get into the custom quotes template Beta?  Or do you have a realese date on this update?

ethankopit
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

Hey team - sorry for not closing the loop sooner here, but just an FYI that the "new template schema" was cms-quotes-theme which went live to the beta back in March, so you all have access to it. We've since sunset cms-proposals-theme, which was our old schema.

ethankopit
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

Hey team - I put together a simple guide on "migrating" the old tempate schema (i.e. anything built from cms-proposals-theme) over to the new template (cms-quotes-theme). What do you think of the guide

ethankopit
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

Screen Shot 2021-04-22 at 11.20.55 AM.png

Image of the new template editor

mimimrda
Participant

Hi Ethan, we're looking to have something like this for our company's HubSpot. Any chance you can give me a run through for this? 🙂

RSmola
Participant

This is exactly what we are looking for!  Please let us know when this will be rolled out.

0 Upvotes
ethankopit
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

Hey @himanigupta - the new templates rely heavily on HubSpot CMS modules, which are rendered by the HTML. I'll happily give you access - will you DM me your portalID?

We'll be announcing the new templates and functionality next week. The short version is that we will launch new templates (which are module-based) as well as a simple editing interface for changing the content of the templates (e.g. changing text, switching images, hiding content, etc.) I'll attach some images below. We will follow the release next week with several more releases which will add more valuablue features.

There will be documentation explaining how to use the new templates. If you want to make significant changes to them, that will require coding. 

0 Upvotes
ethankopit
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

Screen Shot 2021-04-22 at 11.18.24 AM.png

Image of the new templates - notice how the "Modules" folder is full of modules! 

0 Upvotes
himanigupta
Contributor

Hi Ethan,

Hope you are well.

What are the timelines for the new live updates on Quote functionality?

0 Upvotes
ethankopit
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

Hey Himani,

Our goal is actually to ungate everyone in the beta to the new templates (which are module based) early next week! If you'd like to try them out sooner, let me know. We'll be asking everyone to move over to the module-based format over the course of May and June.

rwolupo
Top Contributor

Heyho 🙂

i'd like to try it this week if possible 🙂

himanigupta
Contributor

Hi Ethan,

What exactly do you eman by "module based".  I'd like to try new templates. 

Would you be sharing anytime soon the product updates as what will be included in the Quote functionality?

Will there be documentation available to make familiar with module based. Do we have perform coding to create new templates?