Custom Quote Template Beta

jmclaren
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Printing quotes that use the custom quote templates

I've seen questions about how to print custom quotes, or provide a print functionality for custom quotes.

You'll actually go to the quote in your browser. Then use your browser's print functionality to print the quote.
Most browser's support the keyboard shortcut cmd+p / ctrl+p

Which will bring up the print functionality.

Developers can add print CSS to the page to customize this experience. 
Additionally developers can provide buttons to print. An example can be found on W3Schools 

---

In the new version of the custom quotes functionality (cms-quote-theme) we actually provide a download module you can add to the template. The user can download the PDF and print.

Jon McLaren

Sr. CMS Developer Advocate

Get started developing on the HubSpot CMS Developer Changelog
How to optimize your CMS Hub site for speed

If my reply answered your question, please mark it as a solution, to make it easier for others to find.

11 Replies 11
SAnderson17

Hi, I have a customized quote template setup by a 3rd party (RevOps) in our HS. It works fine when displayed in browser. However, when I ask Hubspot to download it, it cuts off the Products and Services in the line items table (the right hand most columns). This is also true when I try to Print to PDF or Print it. I'm not sure how to fix this? Any help you can provide would be gratefully received. I am a non coder. I have looked at the code blocks in the CMS Template and can find modern.css asset, that is used by the quote template, but have no idea how to edit this (if indeed its a css issue)

Southern
Participant

Hi @jmclaren  the print out/format of the pdf is not very good, the page breaks chop into fields and the layout gets all compressed. 

jmclaren
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

You'll want to use CSS to control the appearance of the print/pdf. See https://www.smashingmagazine.com/2011/11/how-to-set-up-a-print-style-sheet/

Jon McLaren

If my reply answered your question, please mark it as a solution, to make it easier for others to find.

0 Upvotes
CSarzana
Participant | Elite Partner

Hi there, I have another question about quote in PDF.

I create some custom style for print version, such as no background and different text color.

I want to break the page before the terms and condition section, as it happens on Hubspot Original theme.

I tried to do this with "page-break-before: always". It works but my footer section is overlapping the terms box... can someone help me?

Schermata 2021-05-11 alle 09.53.24.png

0 Upvotes
CSarzana

Hi @jmclaren, I added the download button to my custom quote template.
Is there a way to add also the print button, as it is in the default template?

CSarzana_0-1619594809509.png

Thanks,
Camilla

0 Upvotes
jmclaren
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

users can either print the downloaded quote, or as I linked above you can create a print quote button with JavaScript.

Jon McLaren

0 Upvotes
rwolupo
Top Contributor

I know that, of course. But in the end it is the customer who decides in which format he needs the offer. e.g. as PDF if he needs to show the offer internally. 

0 Upvotes
jmclaren
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

In the new version of the custom quote functionality we include in the cms-quotes-theme a download module. This module enables the user to download. From there they can also print. Thank you for having provided your feedback!

Jon McLaren

rwolupo
Top Contributor

Hi, 

that may be a solution, yes. But it's a solution for you and me and not for casual customers not IT-engaged. What we need is a PDF-Generation as we have that in our "normal" quotes in HubSpot. 

What do you think about it? 

jmclaren
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

I think that's a great idea. Good news is that already exists.

When looking at your list of quotes click download, open the PDF and print.

Screen Shot 2021-02-12 at 11.51.16 AM.png

Jon McLaren

MGoff2

I created a custom quote template using the Bold template. When I download the quote as a pdf, it condenses all the information so that it's all relatively in the center of the page, with huge borders on the right and left sides. Is is soemthing they plan to fix?

0 Upvotes