Printing quotes that use the custom quote templates

jmclaren
HubSpot Employee

I've seen questions about how to print custom quotes, or provide a print functionality for custom quotes.

You'll actually go to the quote in your browser. Then use your browser's print functionality to print the quote.
Most browser's support the keyboard shortcut cmd+p / ctrl+p

Which will bring up the print functionality.

Developers can add print CSS to the page to customize this experience. 
Additionally developers can provide buttons to print. An example can be found on W3Schools 

---

In the new version of the custom quotes functionality (cms-quote-theme) we actually provide a download module you can add to the template. The user can download the PDF and print.

Jon McLaren

Sr. CMS Developer Advocate

If my reply answered your question, please mark it as a solution, to make it easier for others to find.

6 Replies 6
rwolupo
Top Contributor

Hi, 

that may be a solution, yes. But it's a solution for you and me and not for casual customers not IT-engaged. What we need is a PDF-Generation as we have that in our "normal" quotes in HubSpot. 

What do you think about it? 

jmclaren
HubSpot Employee

I think that's a great idea. Good news is that already exists.

When looking at your list of quotes click download, open the PDF and print.

Screen Shot 2021-02-12 at 11.51.16 AM.png

Jon McLaren

If my reply answered your question, please mark it as a solution, to make it easier for others to find.

rwolupo
Top Contributor

I know that, of course. But in the end it is the customer who decides in which format he needs the offer. e.g. as PDF if he needs to show the offer internally. 

0 Upvotes
jmclaren
HubSpot Employee

In the new version of the custom quote functionality we include in the cms-quotes-theme a download module. This module enables the user to download. From there they can also print. Thank you for having provided your feedback!

Jon McLaren

CSarzana
Member | Gold Partner

Hi @jmclaren, I added the download button to my custom quote template.
Is there a way to add also the print button, as it is in the default template?

CSarzana_0-1619594809509.png

Thanks,
Camilla

0 Upvotes
jmclaren
HubSpot Employee

users can either print the downloaded quote, or as I linked above you can create a print quote button with JavaScript.

Jon McLaren

0 Upvotes