Custom Quote Template Beta

NataliePatton
Participant

PDF formatting vs. web page formatting

Our team prefers to submit quotes in PDF to our customers. We realize this limits some of the HubSpot quotes functionality, but we're ok with that for the time being. This presents a problem, though - as we're creating custom templates it's impossible to have it render well on both a web page and a PDF, as far as I can figure.

Is there any HubL that would help me with this problem? I've been using non-breaking spaces but then people are turned off from using the template because it renders strangely in the web-based preview. And some things are completely out of my control, like where the line items table breaks or if the Price ends up as the only line on the last page.

1 Reply 1
jmclaren
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

PDF formatting vs. web page formatting

Hey there, 

As noted in this thread you use CSS to provide styling.

Developers should use print css if they want to offer a different experience for print vs web. This enables you to adjust spacing, sizing, colors, etc completely indepentently for web and print. You can also share some styles if for example the general design should look similar, but you just need to make a few optimizations for print.

Jon McLaren

Sr. CMS Developer Advocate

Get started developing on the HubSpot CMS Developer Changelog
How to optimize your CMS Hub site for speed

If my reply answered your question, please mark it as a solution, to make it easier for others to find.

0 Upvotes