Custom Quote Template Beta

mrspabs
Top Contributor | Elite Partner
Top Contributor | Elite Partner

Line items table

Hello, is it possible for the line items table to include custom product properties?

7 Replies 7
Jake_Lett
Guide | Partner
Guide | Partner

Line items table

If anyone finds this thread I created a video that walks through the steps of showing a custom property in the line item module.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWvj7T02D2k

vanessahunt
Top Contributor | Platinum Partner

Line items table

This was very useful, @Jake_Lett ! Thanks so much 😁 I just added another question to your YouTube channel! Thanks in advance.

0 Upvotes
SeanAcheson
Participant

Line items table

This is kind of realted.  Is it possible to have items grouped with differente headings in the line items Table by a custom field.  For example, we have  "Type"  select custom field with the options of: Hardware, Subspcriptions. Add-ons.  

We'd like to display items groupded together with thier own Subtotals.

Bob2245

Line items table

@SeanAcheson yes, this is possible, but will require some development I reckon. You could create a custom clone of Hubspot's default Line item table module, then use HubL to group line items in separate tables based on their Type value. 

Bob2245

Line items table

For those not as well versed in the Design Manager, here's how I did this. I'm assuming you've created a custom quote theme in the design manager:

1. Created my custom Product property, note the internal name
  2. Went into the Design Manager, to the Line Items Table module in your custom quote theme (i.e. the one you can edit).
  3. Found this module's column_property field on the right-hand side of this module. It's grouped under line_item_column. 
  4. Opened that, then added a new option with a label of your choice, then the value is the same as the internal name of my created property.
  5. Now go to my quote template back in Hubspot, under Settings -> Objects -> Quotes -> Customized Quote Templates. Edit my quote template, then for the line items table I was able to add the newly created property as one of the options.
  6. Saved and created a new deal with line item and quote to test, and the quote had the value for that property displayed.
Jake_Lett
Guide | Partner
Guide | Partner

Line items table

Hi Bob. Thank you for sharing this list to follow. Very helpful. One gotcha I found is step 2 field has a max item limit so if you need more properties you need to increase this. 

For anyone else finding this post, below are screenshots showing where to find the internal name of the property.

Screen Shot 2022-04-26 at 4.34.39 AM.pngScreen Shot 2022-04-26 at 4.36.47 AM.png

Bryantworks
Key Advisor | Diamond Partner
Key Advisor | Diamond Partner

Line items table

Hey @mrspabs,

Yes, you can create custom product properties and surface them in the quotes table with a custom quote template.  First, create the properties you need like you make any other contact, company, or deal property, then edit the HUBL of the custom quote to surface that in the table.  

edit-line-items-on-custom-quote.gif

Chris Bryant | Your Dedicated HubSpot Expert