Custom Quote Template Beta

RobGoldiez
Participant

How can I change the payment methods via Stripe app

The new beta quote module is awesome and enabling signatures and payments is fantastic.  However, we do not want to accept credit cards nor apple/google pay and instead want to only offer Stripe's ACH payment method.  

We'd like the ability to customize the payment methods available.

12 Replies 12
TGIBAUSSET5
Participant

The quote module is awesome and enabling signatures and payments is fantastic.  However, we do not want to accept credit cards and instead want to only offer SEPA payment method.  

As we see in the API call from hubspot to Stripe, Hubspot force credit card method : look at that.

So it's Hubspot decision to allow only credit card?

Could you please update it in a new version ?

Thank youerreur stripe Hubspot.jpg

We'd like the ability to customize the payment methods available.

0 Upvotes
dmytro
Participant

Hey @TGIBAUSSET5 

As far as I know, you can't customize the payment methods using default HS functionality. Instead of that, you have to configure your server and API to use it with HS custom quotes. Also, you can try to use HS serverless functions

TGIBAUSSET5
Participant

Hello,
Stripe explained to me in a technical answer that Hubspot just has to read and use this page to manage and upgrade the link between hubspot and Stripe for SEPA payment method :
https://stripe.com/docs/payments/sepa-debit/accept-a-payment

You have one of the best IT team in the world so, it should not be so complicated for you 😉

We are not IT developers, like so many other customers you have, and we hope Hubspot can help us with a small update of the Stripe syncronization

0 Upvotes
dmytro
Participant

Hey

As I see on Stripe:

const stripe = require('stripe')('sk_test_xxx');

The problem is that you can't use the server on HubSpot, you have access to the frontend only. We faced the same problem and decided to build our own Node with Stripe server and use HS API to get data from HS Quotes

0 Upvotes
dmytro
Participant

Hey

You can change Stripe payment methods in the Stripe dashboard if you want to use checkout redirect

0 Upvotes
RobGoldiez
Participant

Hi @dmytro - I can't seem to find that option.  Can you be more specific?

0 Upvotes
dmytro
Participant

Go to the Stripe -> Settings ->  Checkout and Payment Links

It works if you use redirect from HubSpot quote to the Stripe checkout payment page

screenshot-37.png

0 Upvotes
jmclaren
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

@RobGoldiez I've spoken to our team. We hear you, recognize the desire to have that control, and appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback. We unfortunately don't have a timeline to disclose on supporting that right now. 

Jon McLaren

Sr. CMS Developer Advocate

Get started developing on the HubSpot CMS Developer Changelog
How to optimize your CMS Hub site for speed

If my reply answered your question, please mark it as a solution, to make it easier for others to find.

0 Upvotes
jmclaren
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

@Roby  thank you for the feedback.

We do not have direct control over the functionality that Stripe provides in their interface but I will pass this feedback along. 

Jon McLaren

If my reply answered your question, please mark it as a solution, to make it easier for others to find.

0 Upvotes
RobGoldiez
Participant

Thanks @jmclaren - When I reached out to Stripe, they directed me back to Hubspot.

jmclaren
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Thank you for letting me know they redirected you back to us. I will connect with the team that's working with them on the integration and relay the feedback.

Jon McLaren

natsumimori
Community Manager
Community Manager

@jmclaren and @ethankopit , is there anything you guys can share on this topic?