Custom Quote Template Beta

lilybond
Contributor

Esign not working after verification

Is anyone else running into this issue? I'm referencing the default signature module in my template:

{% module "signature" path="@hubspot/quote_signature" %}

Everything *looks like it's working correctly*, but when someone clicks "Verify to sign" and clicks the verification email, they get an error (screenshot attached). This is happening across users (both external and internal) in testing, so I've had to revert to using the OG custom quote templates that were in use prior to the updates.

Any ideas?? HubSpot support, my ops manager, and I are all stumped.

Screen Shot 2021-06-14 at 5.57.46 PM.png

29 Replies 29
cogletree
Participant

This issue is still persisting. I created a child theme from cms-quotes-theme and am working on a cloned version of the Original template. We need the e-sign functionality but also need to customize the design because the out-of-the-box template isn't ideal.

I contacted HelloSign to see if they had any thoughts, and they basically that it's an issue in HubSpot and not on their end, and that escalation had to go through HubSpot Support, who didn't have any constructive feedback/solution for this.

The verification does work when I create a Quote using the default Original template, so there's definitely some issue that comes from cloning & customizing the template. Hopefully they can fix it before the old templates are sunset...

cogletree
Participant

Following up on this, I did end up getting it to work. The issue appeared to be in the custom CSS code I wrote that was causing the HelloSign links to crash. I managed to identify and remove those lines from the code and it now works fine.

I didn't document exactly which styles they were, but it mainly had to do with setting "display:none" on certain areas, particularly in the media query for print view. Hope that helps!

0 Upvotes
ivohofland
Member | Diamond Partner
Member | Diamond Partner

Any updates on this issue, running into the same error as described here.

When you look at the confirm url in the e-mail it's different from the custom template. It should be like this:

https://app.hubspot.com/quotes/<<quoteID>>?signatureId=<<xxx>>&signatureToken=<<xxx>>

but it is this:

https://app.hubspot.com/proposals-esignature-container?signatureId=<<xxx>>&signatureToken=<<xxx>>&redirectTo=https://www.domein.com/<<quoteID>>

0 Upvotes
NRodic
Participant

Hi,

we are experiencing the same issue. We replicated the 'Modern' quote template, made minor changes to it and everything works except for the Hello Sign. Support said it's probably because it's an own template, even though it's a replica of standard ones and even though changes in it are minimal. Any help with this, Product Team? Thanks!

0 Upvotes
Vikki
Contributor

@ethankopit @PlyWood Thank you for your help. I've passed both suggestions to someone far more knowledgable than me in html. *fingers crossed*

0 Upvotes
ethankopit
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

For some reason the newest version of Chrome is ignoring transparent text when doing PDF generation, but our HelloSign integration needs that transparent text. So, updating it to almost transparent seems to solve the issue.

However, I strongly urge just trying to make the same changes you made to cms-proposals-theme to cms-quotes-theme. cms-proposals-theme is no longer supported.

0 Upvotes
ethankopit
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

Hey team - this CSS fix seems to work for most customers. Is it working for you? Screen Shot 2021-08-04 at 5.32.04 PM.png

0 Upvotes
Vikki
Contributor

@ethankopit any further updates on this, is there anything I can check our end. I have quotes I need to send to customers. 

0 Upvotes
PlyWood
Participant

Haven't been able to find a magic-wand solution, but happy to share what I've found.

I re-cloned the @hubspot/cms-quotes-theme and have been slowly tweaking it to try and figure out what's wrong. (I found a diff tool called meld that was really helpful there). May be a red-herring, but it seems like when the page is processed for download/signature it's struggling with page breaks. Some css experimenting with "break-{before,after,inside}" as well as suggestions from this github issue got me to a functional template for the team to use/stress test. Hope that helps!

0 Upvotes
ethankopit
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

@Vikki are your quotes based on a template that is of templateType: proposal? We're seeing this issue crop up for proposal users, but it can be fixed by migrating to the new template format in cms-quotes-theme. 

0 Upvotes
Vikki
Contributor

@ethankopit We have both types at the moment, i can't get either to work. I just get the same error screen shown in the original post after following the verification email.

0 Upvotes
Vikki
Contributor

Hi, I'm still having this issue, on a new quote published today. Any news on a fix? 

0 Upvotes
ethankopit
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

@mangelet would you be willing to recall and republished the quotes? It's possible that the PDFs need to be re-rendered.

0 Upvotes
Andimol
Contributor | Elite Partner
Contributor | Elite Partner

@ethankopit thanks for following up, did that and also we went back to the standard signature module with little css. What (I think) was it on our side was the signature module needing more wide-space than we originaly wanted to.

0 Upvotes
mangelet
Guide | Platinum Partner
Guide | Platinum Partner

@ethankopit i'm still having this issue on my end... any ideas on what to look for?

Martin Angeletti
HubSpot Veteran (12+ years)

Worried about messing up your HubSpot? I've got your back.

Join the thousands of people who have discovered how to avoid problems with simple tricks and have started to dominate HubSpot (and not be dominated).

️ Don't get left behind.

→ Click the subscribe button and scroll down to find the opt-in box.

Subscribe

Did I help answer your question? Mark this as a solution.

0 Upvotes
ethankopit
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

Alright team -  we got to the root of the issue. It turns out that the service that we rely internally to render PDFs from webpages recently made some upgrades that cause it to render PDFs incorrectly, which led our Download module to fail and HelloSign to error. We've reverted the upgrades and are putting new testing  in place to prevent this from occuring.

I sincerely apologize for the disruption. Thanks for working with us on this. I'm grateful. 

ethankopit
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

Hey folks - we're hard at work investigating this, still. We've determined the issue has nothing to do with your code, it has to do with how PDF snapshotting is happening (which is why both e-sign and download are broken). 

If it helps, e-sign on Standard quotes (i.e. Basic, Original, and Modern) is still working. 

0 Upvotes
ethankopit
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

The funny thing is that all we did was hide Proposal templates in the quote wizard for those folks who weren't actively using them, which wouldn't affect any e-sign functionality. Though, as you discovered @lilybond sometimes there can be some  unexpected conflicts.

0 Upvotes
ethankopit
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

Hey team - we're digging into this now. If you're not seeing your old proposal templates in the quote wizard, let me know and we can re-show them for you. 

Apologies for the issues here, we're still trying to nail down a root cause.

0 Upvotes
mangelet
Guide | Platinum Partner
Guide | Platinum Partner

I'm experiencing the same issue here. I'm sure the template worked before, but as of last week it stoped working properly.. 9/14 quotes had shown errors.

Martin Angeletti
HubSpot Veteran (12+ years)

Worried about messing up your HubSpot? I've got your back.

Join the thousands of people who have discovered how to avoid problems with simple tricks and have started to dominate HubSpot (and not be dominated).

️ Don't get left behind.

→ Click the subscribe button and scroll down to find the opt-in box.

Subscribe

Did I help answer your question? Mark this as a solution.

0 Upvotes