Custom Quote Template Beta

lilybond
Contributor

Esign not working after verification

Is anyone else running into this issue? I'm referencing the default signature module in my template:

{% module "signature" path="@hubspot/quote_signature" %}

Everything *looks like it's working correctly*, but when someone clicks "Verify to sign" and clicks the verification email, they get an error (screenshot attached). This is happening across users (both external and internal) in testing, so I've had to revert to using the OG custom quote templates that were in use prior to the updates.

Any ideas?? HubSpot support, my ops manager, and I are all stumped.

Screen Shot 2021-06-14 at 5.57.46 PM.png

29 Replies 29
lilybond
Contributor

@ethankopit @jmclaren any thoughts on this? Again, esign was working for us on the new templates and now it's not and is causing a blocker for our team. Are the original CMS-Proposal templates still available, or have those stopped working? Is the best workflow for us to go back to those templates and wait until CMS-Quote templates are usable?

0 Upvotes
lilybond
Contributor

Thanks, Ethan - we did resolve this through a lot of testing on our end. You might find the resolution/issues valuable for future product development, since they were pretty strange conflicts that typically wouldn't cause an issue:

1. Including `font-family` CSS on an unexpected module (note: not the esign module) was unhandled by something in hello-fresh, causing the entire signature process to break.
  2. Certain CSS attributes had a difficult time rendering in the verified hellosign page. For example, including wrap formatting in the quote template caused major overlap of elements in the verfication link.

These CSS conflicts are pretty unusual and were difficult to peg as the problem. Everything is resolved now, but worth noting as I'm sure other users of this will eventually run into some similar problems.

ethankopit
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

@lilybond did this get resolved? I want to close out the thread if so - or follow up on the ticket if not.

0 Upvotes
PlyWood
Participant

Hi @ethankopit, as Lily mentioned we were able to resolve this by cloning and then manipulating the template one piece at at time until we found the offending CSS. Yesterday however, all of the quotes using the template that was working began failing when you visit the link provided during the verification step.

When I went to clone the `@hubspot/cms-quotes-template` in the Design Manager, the option was visible, but not selectable (see below). It's worth noting I was able to clone via the CLI.

cant_clone.jpg

I then created a custom template using  `@hubspot/cms-quotes-template/minimal.html`. The new quote I created had the same issue, it rendered correctly when visiting the url, but the url generated during the verification step (`https://app.hubspot.com/proposals-esignature-container?signatureId={someSignatureId}&signatureToken=...}`) shows the same error as the original post, just with a different error code.

From viewing the html source that was rendered for the quote by HubSpot, the only noticible differnce I could find was the link to the stylesheet

`https://cdn2.hubspot.net/hub/{hubspotPortalId}/hub_generated/module_assets/48056471404/1624899429178...` vs. 
`https://cdn2.hubspot.net/hub/{hubspotPortalId}/hub_generated/module_assets/48056471404/1626183965724/module_48056471404_header-2021.min.css`

Please let me know if there is other information that would be helpful for you as well as if you'd like me to open up a ticket regarding the current issue.
lilybond
Contributor

Of course! Here's the ID: #7974304

Thank you so much!

jmclaren
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

I've connected with Wesley - who was helping you before and gave them some notes.

We'll likely reach back out through your ticket there to prevent confusion.

Jon McLaren

Sr. CMS Developer Advocate

Get started developing on the HubSpot CMS Developer Changelog
How to optimize your CMS Hub site for speed

If my reply answered your question, please mark it as a solution, to make it easier for others to find.

0 Upvotes
lilybond
Contributor

@jmclaren Let me know if I can provide anything else if you're able to look into this! This is a barrier to us moving over to the quotes templates by July 1st when our existing (working) proposals templates go away. Thank you for any insight!

0 Upvotes
jmclaren
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Hey @lilybond , sorry to hear you're having trouble. Can you send me the ticket ID for your conversation on this with HubSpot Support?
That will give me context as to what's been tried so far and who all at HubSpot has been involved in trying to help. 

Jon McLaren

Sr. CMS Developer Advocate

Get started developing on the HubSpot CMS Developer Changelog
How to optimize your CMS Hub site for speed

If my reply answered your question, please mark it as a solution, to make it easier for others to find.

0 Upvotes
natsumimori
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for your post @lilybond .

@jmclaren could you take a look?

0 Upvotes