Custom Quote Template Beta

CSarzana
参加者 | Elite Partner
参加者 | Elite Partner

Default content in Comments and Terms boxes!

Hi everyone,
I have a big problem with Comments and Terms boxes...
I create a custom quote template, but when I create a quote and insert some text in comments and terms boxes, I always get the default content and not my own text (Lorem ipsum dolor sit...)

I alsa try to create a new copy of Hubspot quote template to see if I made some mistakes, but I get the same error.

What can I do to show my correct text?

Thanks,
Camilla

12件の返信
aparley
参加者 | Diamond Partner
参加者 | Diamond Partner

Hello

I'm having the same issue and have also tried using

{% module "comments" label="Comments" path="@hubspot/rich_text" html={{ QUOTE.hs_comments }} %}
{% module "terms" label="Terms" path="@hubspot/rich_text" html={{ QUOTE.hs_terms}} %}

but nothing shows when I add a comments or terms to the quote.

Any ideas or suggestions as a workaround greatly appreciated.

0 いいね!
NelsonS
投稿者 | Gold Partner
投稿者 | Gold Partner

I suggest first to enter the comments module (comments.png):

1. Delete the content
  2. Use the customize field (personalizar)
  3. Select quotation (cotización)

This is how I solved it, same logic for terms (result.png)

My template looks like this

{% module "comments" label="Comments" path="@hubspot/rich_text" html={{ module_defaults.comments }} %}

{% module "terms" label="Terms" path="@hubspot/rich_text" html={{ module_defaults.terms }} %}

I hope it helps @aparley y @CSarzana 

aparley
参加者 | Diamond Partner
参加者 | Diamond Partner

Thank you so much @NelsonS  - I can now add the additional comments to buyer and additional purchase terms. Your help is really appreciated!

ethankopit
HubSpot製品開発チーム
HubSpot製品開発チーム

Hey team! Just wanted to check on if @mangelet solution works for you @CSarzana? For some color, the reason we didn't pre-load these tokens into the template is because the existing UI (i.e. the rep enters comments or terms) was never supposed to be around for so long! The REAL solution is for you to be able to mark whatever modules you want as "editable" in the Quote Template Editor, then whichever modules are "editable" appear to the rep during quote creation. 

But, that feature has taken longer to build than predicited. However, we're closing in on it! 

For those who are currently using QUOTE.hs_terms or QUOTE.hs_comments - would you switch to the new system described above when it becomes available? What do you think? 

0 いいね!
mangelet
ガイド役 | Platinum Partner
ガイド役 | Platinum Partner

@jmclaren @CSarzana I think I got this one. So you want to use {{ QUOTE.hs_terms }} for the actual terms that the sales rep adds, and use {{ module_defaults.terms }} for text you want to display always, regarding. Something that could be useful i to a way to "preload" content for the QUOTE.hs_terms.... 

Martin Angeletti
HubSpot Veteran (12+ years)

Worried about messing up your HubSpot? I've got your back.

Join the thousands of people who have discovered how to avoid problems with simple tricks and have started to dominate HubSpot (and not be dominated).

️ Don't get left behind.

→ Click the subscribe button and scroll down to find the opt-in box.

Subscribe

Did I help answer your question? Mark this as a solution.

jmclaren
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

The engineers are looking into the issue.

For some additional context - the issue appears to be that the value you set in the individual quote doesn't override what is set in the sales manager quote template (the quote template you see under settings)

Jon McLaren

Sr. CMS Developer Advocate

Get started developing on the HubSpot CMS Developer Changelog
How to optimize your CMS Hub site for speed

If my reply answered your question, please mark it as a solution, to make it easier for others to find.

0 いいね!
jmclaren
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

I was able to reproduce the issue on my end. 
I'm going to report it to the team internally.

Jon McLaren

If my reply answered your question, please mark it as a solution, to make it easier for others to find.

0 いいね!
jmclaren
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Thank you for responding with that info. I'll see if I can reproduce this issue on my end.

Jon McLaren

0 いいね!
CSarzana
参加者 | Elite Partner
参加者 | Elite Partner

Hi,

I confirm I'm using the default modules in my quote template.

Then I changed the label from Settings > Object > Products & Quote > Quote template.

After that, I always get the default text instead of what I write inside my quote.

jmclaren
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Just doubling up on Ethan's question. Asking it in a little bit of a different way:

In your template where you are calling the module for comments and terms are you passing the "module_defaults"?

{% module "comments" path="@hubspot/rich_text" html={{ module_defaults.comments }} %}
{% module "terms" path="@hubspot/rich_text" html={{ module_defaults.terms }} %}

It would look a bit like the above code snippets

Jon McLaren

0 いいね!
ethankopit
HubSpot製品開発チーム
HubSpot製品開発チーム

That's odd. @CSarzana  are you including the personalization tokens for Comments and Terms in the boxes in the template? Those personalization tokens hold whatever data is in the comments to buyer and purchase terms fields that users can edit in the quote wizard. 

If the problem is that your text isn't rendering when you write it into the template code - that's weird...I'd ask @jmclaren if he has any ideas

natsumimori
コミュニティーマネージャー
コミュニティーマネージャー

@jmclaren and @ethankopit , could you please take a look at this question?

0 いいね!