Custom Quote Template Beta

velliott
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

Custom Quote Template Beta Update

Hi All! Tori here, Product Manager for our Quotes tool.

We are getting close to the finish line with initial version of Custom Quotes. That being said we still have plenty of work to do and are very excited for the year to come. Here's a bit  more about what you can expect. 

In the near term we are trying to wrap up language support while also polishing templates and fixing bugs. You may have noticed a few more in app notifications around template updates. As we are finding more bugs we have to push updates that reset some our quote template data. Our ask of you is that you do double check your custom templates when notified of these changes. Expect these to continue over the next few weeks. 

In the next couple of quarters we have some exciting things queued up including more default templates, quote management updates, and quote reporting! In order to get these features right we are always looking to chat with folks. If you are interested in participating in any of our upcoming research, feel free to send me a note. We greatly appreciate it!

Thank you all for your patience and feedback throughout this project! We can't wait to deliver it to you soon. 

14 Replies 14
LPost_CK
Participant

Hi, I would love to help you with this feature. 

Some of my takes on improving the templates are:

- including automates VAT codes

- more flexibility with for instance the address of the buyer company. If you make everything a line items field (like the Sender Address), I can make it work. I can add the personalisation myself 🙂

Love to help and chat, so let me know if I can be of any help!

Kind Regards,

Luuk

0 Upvotes
Dmayoralv
Participant

Hi, Great initiative, and really need it. When do you think the BETA will be released? @velliott 

David. 

0 Upvotes
velliott
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

Hi David, 

We are nearing the finish line and are hopeful that it should be released in the next few weeks. Let me know if there is anything else I can help you with. 

Best,

Dmayoralv
Participant

Hi Velliot! 

Thanks so much for the answer, definitely this is something that I would like to implement for our sales & marketing in Magonisboats.com. 

I would like to receive a notification if possible, when is public. 

Thanks,
David

0 Upvotes
AMariani
Participant

Hi there, excited about the custom quote builder, but so far I see a lot missing for our needs. We are a manufactured product so there is a lot of shipping details and notes that need to be communicated between the customer and our production staff. Here is a rundown: 

1) Custom Line Item Objects to be presented on the quote 

2) Additional comment boxes that can be dragged in 

3) A billing and shipping address line 

4) In general, allow for custom fields 

Very eager to be able to have these options asap! 

0 Upvotes
velliott
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

Hello, 

Thank you for this feedback. One of the biggest pieces of feedback we are recieving is the need for more flexiblity in the custom quote editor. We won't be implementing a drag and drop editor in the near term but are eager to get a wider variety of templates available by defualt. This will hopefully give you more options on where to put your custom properties on your quote. Do you feel like this may help solve some of the pain you are currently experiencing? 

Thanks again!

0 Upvotes
callie
Contributor

Hi Tory, I'd love to chat/be a part of this research! callie.mulvihill@tovutiteam.com 

We've run into 3 things that have become small roadblocks in our transition to custom quotes. All topics below are functions that were capable in the standard quote, but now no longer work as expected. 
1) in standard quotes, the "comments" box only showed when there were comments left by the Deal owner. In using the custom quote, the box is always shown, even if blank. I know we can hide the whole module, but that's not the goal either. 
2) in standard quotes, the buyer's job title was a part of the buyer Contact block. It doesn't show in the custom quote block and because the module is not rich text (but rather checking which Contact properties to show), we cannot add it
3) (image attached); the Total is not showing "/per mont" so it reads a bit confusingly for customers.image (2).png

0 Upvotes
callie
Contributor

Hi @velliott - any thoughts on these points? I've had our internal dev team take a look and we're running into roadblocks. Point #3 is having the greatest impact with our customers. 

0 Upvotes
Dmayoralv
Participant

I agree with you @callie  images or videos in the quotes & proposals is a huge impact on the customers. 

0 Upvotes
CCameron
Participant

I would be interested in helping with the research. I would love to be able to see an easier way to build nested tables in the products/services tables... I haven't been able to figure that out without being an HTML developer. 

0 Upvotes
Lilliput00
Participant

Hi there Tori,

We’d be more than happy to have a chat and help with research. We’re interested in the quote reporting side of things.

Best,

Susi
GLeb1

Hello,

I am currently facing the decision whether to keep Hubspot quote tool or switch to Pandadoc.

Our requirements are very simple.

* German/Austrian address style
* Page break
* Width of article columns.
* Some headlines translations

I have asked for a CMS starter to test if we can make some changes there, no feedback from Customer Success team.

Looking forward to the next steps.

BR

Gilbert

0 Upvotes
velliott
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

Hi @GLeb1. All of these updates would be possible with a combination of CMS starter to get you access to our design tools plus our custom quotes editor. Do you mind messaging me your portal ID and I'll see if can move this along for you? Thanks

0 Upvotes
GLeb1

More than happy to try it out.

Thank you
0 Upvotes