Custom Quote Template Beta

JBrake
Contributor | Elite Partner

Custom Quote Page Size

As far as I can tell, when creating a custom quote (and perhaps a stand quote too), you the quote will be produced as an A4 portait page (Web and PDF).

Is there any way to:

1) Change from portait to landscape, and

2) Change the page size form A4 to A3 (including in the PDF download)

Thanks,

Jonathan

9 Replies 9
FPalmisano
Participant

Custom Quote Page Size

Hi! Did you manage to solve this?

We're having the same issue with the quote template. When you donwload the file it gives an A4 format with confused structure and cut tables.

How could we do to update the template to an A4 page? Or download the quote to a landscape?

Thank you!

0 Upvotes
JBrake

Custom Quote Page Size

Hey there, no have not managed to solve this, but found a workaround with the client.

Did you try jmclaren suggestions below? this would be my approach next time...

Jonathan

0 Upvotes
HSmith32
Participant

Custom Quote Page Size

hey! can anyone share was the CSS code amendments are for landscape? 

0 Upvotes
jmclaren
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Custom Quote Page Size

1) Change from portait to landscape

This you can do with CSS. you could quite literally rotate the content of the page in the print stylesheet. Be sure to keep within the dimensions of the page.

2) Change the page size form A4 to A3 (including in the PDF download)

When printing from the browser the user printing actually can change the paper size and orientation in the browser's print UI. By default the content of the page will adjust responsively to stay within the confines of the page.

There is experimental CSS that may work forcing the size. Additionally if you do this you can specify landscape instead of using CSS to rotate the content.
https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/CSS/@page/size

This CSS is as I noted experimental and not all web browsers may not support it yet. I can't garuntee compatibility with the HubSpot PDF download functionality but when using the browsers print functionality It should work in Google Chrome, Edge, and Opera.

I'll relay to the team though that there is interest in supporting control over the paper size and orientation in the HubSpot PDF generation. 

Jon McLaren

Sr. CMS Developer Advocate

Get started developing on the HubSpot CMS Developer Changelog
How to optimize your CMS Hub site for speed

If my reply answered your question, please mark it as a solution, to make it easier for others to find.

JBrake

Custom Quote Page Size

That would maybe hold true if viewing and printing a web page, however not in a generated pdf, which seams to be locked into an A4 portrait format.

Jake_Lett
Guide | Partner
Guide | Partner

Custom Quote Page Size

Were you able to find a fix for this? I am seeing the exact same thing with a gap of space below a header div set to 8.5 x 11 inches.

When I print a pdf from the page it is correct but the downloaded file is set to A4. Could someone from HubSpot explain how the download feature works behind the scenes? Is it processing the file using a stylesheet that  is unable to override?

in base.html I see a link to shared.css with this code. I tried to delete and override this but no change.

@media print {
  html, body {
    /* A4 paper width and height */
    width: 210mm;
    height: 297mm;
  }
}

JBrake

Custom Quote Page Size

No, not fix I've heard of sorry. Best you can do is "adjust" design to fit
A4 Portrait.
ethankopit
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

Custom Quote Page Size

@JBrake I'm not a developer, but I believe you could update the CSS to control how the content renders when printed, right @jmclaren?

0 Upvotes
natsumimori
Community Manager
Community Manager

Custom Quote Page Size

Hi @JBrake , thank you for posting your question.

Tagging in @jmclaren and @ethankopit here.

0 Upvotes