Custom Quote Template Beta

CSarzana
Participant | Elite Partner
Participant | Elite Partner

Change languange when creating a quote

Hi there,

I create a custom quote template and now that I finished, I notice that I'm not able to choose and change the quote language...

CSarzana_0-1620827977775.png

Am I missing something or is a feature not available right now?
Thanks,
Camilla

10 Replies 10
Ahmed_Hassan
Participant

Any updates on this? 

0 Upvotes
ethankopit
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

Hey team! Sorry for the belated responses here, the last two months have been a whirlwind of development. I'm curious for your feedback re: languages.

Our current plan is to actually take the language picker OUT of the quote wizard and move it into the quote template editor (i.e. Settings --> Products & Quotes --> Quote Templates --> click any template).

The reason we want to make this change is that now that we support custom templates, it will be a bad UX for reps who are sending out quotes to change the language and only have HubSpot created content be translated, but not customized content (i.e. my message above). We're concerned that reps won't understand what is going on and will thing that the quote generator is broken, when in fact it isn't.

By moving Language --> the template, we give the admin control over the template's language and make it faster for them to create multiple templates in different langagues. Plus, we avoid the confusing UX of having somethings get translated, but others not be translated.

However, the downside her is that reps couldn't dynamically change language when they send out quotes. If you send out quotes in multiple languages, you'll need one template for every language (but HubSpot will handle translating all our content for you, you'll just need to translate whatever custom content you add). 

What do you think of this idea?

0 Upvotes
Mo-AV
Participant

The ideal solution would be that any object you can import into a quote should have multi langague support built in. For example products, when imported as line items, should have multi langauge fields similar to how they already have multi currency fields. Then the quote template itself can select the appropirate language. You should be able to select which language you want at quote creation, without having to use differnet templates for different languages.

Templates already have multi language support, it shouldn't be difficult to implement.

It would be simple of the user to fill in a product description in multiple langauges, and in the scenario where the product has English but not French - yet the quote they want to create is set to English - then simply warn the user that the quote will contain content in the wrong langauge, and the quote can use the English description instead of French. (So the quote will be a mix of languages)

0 Upvotes
ElisadePortu
Participant | Gold Partner

Hi @ethankopit thanks for you answer. It seems ok for me. It is logic and creating different templates for different languages is a small price to pay  IF we can CLONE quotes templates (at the moment I can't see this feature). In this way at the set up moment you should only clone the first, change the language and some texts and rename. 

What do you think about it?

By the way is this fix ready? Because at the moment It's impossible for me changing my quote language and I don't know why...

Thanks in advance and good job!

0 Upvotes
ethankopit
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

@ElisadePortu it's not built yet, we wanted to run it by customers first. We will support cloning as well 🙂

My goal is to have both of these out by EOOctober. We want to get enough custom quote features out that we can go GA and then start sunseting the old, Legacy (i.e. Standard) templates! 

0 Upvotes
sdehoogh
Participant

Hi Ethan,

So far the custom quotes provide a nice improvement over the completely customised quotes and standard ones. The issue of not being able to create multiple languages is hindering us to do start testing. Do you know when this will be made available in the Beta?

0 Upvotes
ElinedV
Participant

@ethankopit how could you add a multi lingual variant to the quote in that case? I am fine translating the quote myself, but I don't want my team to have to select another template. Would be nice to have something similar like with web/landing pages. 

0 Upvotes
ethankopit
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

Hey @CSarzana - unfortunately we don't offer automatic translation of labels of hubspot-created module fields yet, but we will in the future. To be clear, we won't ever automatically translate content of module (hubspot-created or not) and we won't translate the labels of custom modules.

So, to use an example, if HubSpot created a rich text module called, "Terms and Conditions" that you could use to store terms and conditions, we would translate the word "terms and conditions" on the the quote, but not the content you store in that module. Does that make sense?

0 Upvotes
ElisadePortu

Hi, in my case I only want to select Italian Language in the picture below, but like@CSarzana, it is enabled...

Did you solve that issue at the end?
Thanks in advance!

ElisadePortu_0-1631182190713.png

0 Upvotes
giozua
Contributor | Platinum Partner
Contributor | Platinum Partner

I have the same request

Thanks

Giovanni