Custom Quote Template Beta

tmcmillan99
Contributor | Elite Partner

Adding rich text field to quote template

Are there any current options in being able to add a custom property that is a rich text field so that formatting can be used?

I successfully tested adding a multi-line text field as a custom deal property and display it in the quote template. However, the field cannot be formatted.  Technically, this will allow us to add some custom text fields to our quotes but I know being able to format the text is going to be a requirement.

Our company is wanting to move all of our quoting into Hubspot and away from the 3rd party proposal software we're currently using.

Thanks,

Terry McMillan

0 Upvotes
4 Replies 4
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Hi @tmcmillan99,

This is now possible 🙂 You can create properties and select the property type "Rich text".

When you edit these on a record, a rich text editor will pop up:

karstenkoehler_0-1661001164227.png

The formatting is kept when the property value is used in a marketing email via a personalization token, see this simple plain-text email I drafted:

karstenkoehler_1-1661001210487.png

Have a great day!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

tmcmillan99

Awesome! Thanks for the update.

Terry

0 Upvotes
jmclaren
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Right now no. We are working on a new version of this custom quotes functionality that draws some functionality/inspiration from CMS Hub. At that time you will have more flexibility over the fields used. Stay tuned for updates from Ethan about availability of that version.

Jon McLaren

Sr. CMS Developer Advocate

Get started developing on the HubSpot CMS Developer Changelog
How to optimize your CMS Hub site for speed

If my reply answered your question, please mark it as a solution, to make it easier for others to find.

0 Upvotes
tmcmillan99

Awesome! Thanks for the additional information. I appreciate the response and look forward to the availability of the new functionality.

Terry

0 Upvotes