Lead Capture Tools

breese_dcs
Participant

I want to see which prospects go to my landing page who aren't converting

SOLVE

I have some new landing pages, and my conversions are not going so great. However, I'm getting traffic to the pages. 

While I change the pages to try and increase conversions, is there a report I can use to see which prospects are visiting the pages? 

I get the prospect reports based on reverse ip lookup on my main site, and see which pages they visit, but don't see a method of searching based on a specific landing page. 

Could someone help?

Thanks!

-Ben

2 Accepted solutions
MayPascaud
Solution
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

SOLVE

Hi @breese_dcs, thank you for your question.

It would not be possible to identify visitors to your Landing Pages who have not been previously cookied by filling out a form on your site. This information is simply not available to us pre-conversion.

You did mention the Prospects report based on reverse IP lookup. Though the Prospects report is a useful tool for getting a general idea of the types of companies that are interested in your business, it is definitely not an exact science, and the data that it provides is not sufficiently exact to provide a breakdown of visits by specific pages (see this article for more information on how the report sources its data). Therefore, this report would not be able to provide the type of information you are looking for.

Ultimately, i would recommend that you get in touch with your Account Manager in order to discuss this issue further, as they will be able to give you the best advice in order to ensure a higher number of conversions on your pages. If you don't know their contact information, you can get it by getting in touch with Support. I hope this helps, and have a great rest of your day!

Best,

May

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
Pablo
Solution
Participant

SOLVE

Hi @breese_dcs,

The easiest way is to create a smart list that includes:

- Prospect (people that have a deal in pipeline X)

AND

- People that have visited the landing page Y (you can even go further by doing this in the last 30 days)

In order to match IP and Prospect, I advise that you send an email to your prospect. As soon as they open it, HubSpot will match the IP with the Prospect Name which will make it much easier for you.

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
Pablo
Solution
Participant

SOLVE

Hi @breese_dcs,

The easiest way is to create a smart list that includes:

- Prospect (people that have a deal in pipeline X)

AND

- People that have visited the landing page Y (you can even go further by doing this in the last 30 days)

In order to match IP and Prospect, I advise that you send an email to your prospect. As soon as they open it, HubSpot will match the IP with the Prospect Name which will make it much easier for you.

Hope this helps.

MayPascaud
Solution
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

SOLVE

Hi @breese_dcs, thank you for your question.

It would not be possible to identify visitors to your Landing Pages who have not been previously cookied by filling out a form on your site. This information is simply not available to us pre-conversion.

You did mention the Prospects report based on reverse IP lookup. Though the Prospects report is a useful tool for getting a general idea of the types of companies that are interested in your business, it is definitely not an exact science, and the data that it provides is not sufficiently exact to provide a breakdown of visits by specific pages (see this article for more information on how the report sources its data). Therefore, this report would not be able to provide the type of information you are looking for.

Ultimately, i would recommend that you get in touch with your Account Manager in order to discuss this issue further, as they will be able to give you the best advice in order to ensure a higher number of conversions on your pages. If you don't know their contact information, you can get it by getting in touch with Support. I hope this helps, and have a great rest of your day!

Best,

May

0 Upvotes