Lead Capture Tools

emeline

How to link external PDF (URL or actual doc) to lead flows

SOLVE

Hi guys,

Sorry, I'm very new to this and a little lost.

I would like to know if with a free marketing hubspot account I can attach a PDF document to the lead flows or at the very least a PDF URL? If so, how? So far the lead I created doesn't lead to the PDF file I want people to view or/and download. I have unpublished it for the time being.  Also, how can I get people to sign up and download the PDF? 

Thanks a lot for your help!

Best regards,

Emeline

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
JorieMunroe
Solution
Inbound Professor
Inbound Professor

SOLVE

Hi @emeline,

Welcome to the HubSpot Community! No need to apologize, this is a great question. 

Currently, PDFs cannot be attached to lead flows in the conventional sense. Rather, you will need to upload the PDF to your CMS (where are you hosting your website currently?) and use the URL generated as a link in the Thank You Message or in the follow up email.

Once clicked, your visitor will be taken to the PDF in their browser. Every browser allows users to download or print a PDF, should they choose to do so.

Let me know if this was helpful or if you have any follow up questions!

Best,

Jorie

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
2 Replies 2
JorieMunroe
Solution
Inbound Professor
Inbound Professor

SOLVE

Hi @emeline,

Welcome to the HubSpot Community! No need to apologize, this is a great question. 

Currently, PDFs cannot be attached to lead flows in the conventional sense. Rather, you will need to upload the PDF to your CMS (where are you hosting your website currently?) and use the URL generated as a link in the Thank You Message or in the follow up email.

Once clicked, your visitor will be taken to the PDF in their browser. Every browser allows users to download or print a PDF, should they choose to do so.

Let me know if this was helpful or if you have any follow up questions!

Best,

Jorie

0 Upvotes
emeline

SOLVE

Thanks so much, Jorie, for your prompt reply and help. Published, tested and works!