Lead Capture Tools

kevinallison

Gravity Forms and Lead Flow Issue

SOLVE

Hi everyone -

On our external website, we have three separate forms which have been created using Gravity Forms.  I have installed the Gravity Forms Hubspot plugin on the website, and have created three separate lead flows in Hubspot... one for each form.

In the plug-in, I have associated each form with the associated lead flow.  Each lead flow is made to match the form fields on the website.

When the forms are submitted the contact is being created in Hubspot.  NOw, here's my problem:

When the contact is being created, it is not creating a new contacts, but rather is continually overwriting the data in the same contact profile.  I'm putting in different information everytime in each form fill out the form, no new contact is created.

The only time that this hasn't been the case is when I tested the form from my mobile device.  That created a new form.  

Theonly reason I could think that this would be happening is that I am submitting the forms from my laptop from the same IP address....  could this be causing it to over write?

Thanks in advance!

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
MayPascaud
Solution
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

SOLVE

Hi @kevinallison, thanks for reaching out!

The reason that your form submissions are being overwritten is indeed because of all of the submissions occurring on the same computer/browser. Indeed, as this article outlines in detail, HubSpot deduplicates contacts based on usertoken. In other words, when someone visits your site, HubSpot drops a tracking cookie (usertoken) on their browser to identify them as a unique visitor. When one visitor (you or someone outside of your organization) fills out more than one form on behalf of multiple people, those submissions will be deduplicated as a result of that unique tracking cookie. Contacts that are entered manually in this way are likely merged under one contact record.

Because lead flows use cookies to collect and send form submission information, there is no way to disable this functionality. In this situation, if you need to be making several submissions on the form, your best bet would be to open a new Ingognito window for each submission, so that your browser does not remember that you are the one submitting each form.

Let me know if youhave any questions on the above, and have a great rest of your day!

May

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
2 Replies 2
MayPascaud
Solution
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

SOLVE

Hi @kevinallison, thanks for reaching out!

The reason that your form submissions are being overwritten is indeed because of all of the submissions occurring on the same computer/browser. Indeed, as this article outlines in detail, HubSpot deduplicates contacts based on usertoken. In other words, when someone visits your site, HubSpot drops a tracking cookie (usertoken) on their browser to identify them as a unique visitor. When one visitor (you or someone outside of your organization) fills out more than one form on behalf of multiple people, those submissions will be deduplicated as a result of that unique tracking cookie. Contacts that are entered manually in this way are likely merged under one contact record.

Because lead flows use cookies to collect and send form submission information, there is no way to disable this functionality. In this situation, if you need to be making several submissions on the form, your best bet would be to open a new Ingognito window for each submission, so that your browser does not remember that you are the one submitting each form.

Let me know if youhave any questions on the above, and have a great rest of your day!

May

0 Upvotes
kevinallison

SOLVE

This is great, thank you!