Lead Capture Tools

IC
Contributor

Distribution of contacts who submitted the form according to postal code and automatic notifications

SOLVE

Hello!

For big companies who have sale forces responsible for different postal codes or regions it is important that the contacts are segmented according to the respective criteria and are accordingly distributed.

Currently there is no simple or functioning mechanism for distribution of contacts who submitted the form and automatic notification of the responsible account manager based for example on the postal code.

I suggest adding to forms in the field “Options” for “notified when submitted” a logic where you can define the postal code and a responsible contact person, who will get an automatic email containing all the information that was given in the form. So that the responsible person is able to call or email the contact directly.

Second variant would be to have a kind of region or postal code segmentation (kind of lists) logic, which a hubspot user can fill based on the company’s segmentation: postal codes (from – to, starting from, etc.) – email of a contact person. In the next step is to have a possibility in the form options to select “Notified when submitted” based on regional/postal code distribution.

I am sure this feature is important for all big companies that operate nationally and internationally and use marketing segmentation. This will fasten the lead segmentation and analyses enormously.

Thank you for your attention.

Iuliia

2 Accepted solutions
MayPascaud
Solution
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

Distribution of contacts who submitted the form according to postal code and automatic notifications

SOLVE

Hi Iuliia,

I am glad that you think this solution will work for you.

While I am happy to answer your questions, I will not be able to set up this workflow for you. However, if you would like help setting it up, please call into Support and someone on our Support team will gladly walk you though the process. You can also reference this conversation if you'd like.

I'll also follow up with your Account Manager on my end.

As for your questions:

- The postal code and email steps are Workflow Actions - learn more about Workflow Actions here. You can add many different types of actions to a workflow. In this case, the postal code action is an if / then branch, based on a contact property value. The email action is a "send internal email" action. 

- For the email actions, you can choose to send an internal email to any email address. If you look at the screenshot, there are 2 different email addresses: user@company.com and user2@company.com

- The personalization tokens in the email you create will be populated with the contact's information, and then sent to the email address you choose. This article explains how to add personalization tokens to an email

Also, I would recommend that you read these two articles as well, which will be very helpful in this process:

All the best,

May

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
MayPascaud
Solution
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

SOLVE

No problem Iuliia, I'm glad that this was helpful!

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5
MayPascaud
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

SOLVE

Hi @IC, thank you for reaching out!

I do have a suggestion on how you might implement this process. Please let me know if I am misunderstanding your question!

Many users set up custom form submission notification emails based on certain criteria (such as postal code) via the Workflows tool.

Indeed, you can easily set up a workflow with a series of if/then branches that will send internal emails to certain users based on the value that a contact has inputted for a certain fields. In the internal emails that you set up in the workflow, simply include a series of personalization tokens corresponding to the fields that the contact filled in on the form, and the tokens will be completed with the contact's information before being sent out to the user in question.

You'll find a detailed article on how to set up such a process here: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/articles/kcs_article/forms/how-do-i-send-internal-notification-emails

I set up a sample workflow in my portal that corresponds to what you were looking for specifically, to give you an idea of what this should look like:

Workflows   HubSpot.png

Let me know if you'd like me to clarify anything else regarding this process!

May

0 Upvotes
IC
Contributor

SOLVE

Hello  !

Thank you for reaching out. You explanation and logic seems to be suitable for this issue.

I have discussed this issue with the support team and there seemed to be no other solution without giving all our sales team members access to hubspot - the process they suggested was nearly the same as yours only without personification token at the end. So I was advised to start the topic in the hubspot ideas.

Also I have contacted my Hubspot manager and she promised to get back to me and suggested to write in the hubspot ideas as well.

The first workflow based on contact property - how do you set up the postal codes and emails? lists?

As I see the logic in the screenshot, the emails are always sent to the same email address. But what we need is to send the emails to different emails addresses depending on the postal code.

How do you use personification tokens for internal emails? so the users information which he or she filled out in the form will be sent to one of our team members?

Would you please create such a workflow in my account based on at least one set of postal codes? So that i can see how it is set, how it works and test it.

Thank you in advance!

Iuliia

0 Upvotes
MayPascaud
Solution
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

SOLVE

Hi Iuliia,

I am glad that you think this solution will work for you.

While I am happy to answer your questions, I will not be able to set up this workflow for you. However, if you would like help setting it up, please call into Support and someone on our Support team will gladly walk you though the process. You can also reference this conversation if you'd like.

I'll also follow up with your Account Manager on my end.

As for your questions:

- The postal code and email steps are Workflow Actions - learn more about Workflow Actions here. You can add many different types of actions to a workflow. In this case, the postal code action is an if / then branch, based on a contact property value. The email action is a "send internal email" action. 

- For the email actions, you can choose to send an internal email to any email address. If you look at the screenshot, there are 2 different email addresses: user@company.com and user2@company.com

- The personalization tokens in the email you create will be populated with the contact's information, and then sent to the email address you choose. This article explains how to add personalization tokens to an email

Also, I would recommend that you read these two articles as well, which will be very helpful in this process:

All the best,

May

0 Upvotes
IC
Contributor

SOLVE

Hello May,

thank you for your assistance. It helped me a lot.

I have created the workflows and the email with personification tokens. Next step is to test it if it ´works fine.

Regards

Iuliia

0 Upvotes
MayPascaud
Solution
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

SOLVE

No problem Iuliia, I'm glad that this was helpful!