Conversations API Beta

vvadlamani
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

Welcome to Conversations API beta!

Welcome to the  HubSpot Community group for Conversations API beta! This is a group for beta users of this new feature. We've also have some HubSpotters here to help wherever we can. 

Gathering as a group there's a few things we hope to collectively get out of this:
  • We want your feedback, what do you like, what don't you like? Do you have suggestions on how we can make the APIs better?
  • We want to see how you want to use this functionality. It informs how we shape both the functionality and our documentation. This helps us make it better prior to a full release to everyone. 
  • There are questions that you might have, where the answers for you might also help someone else. You may have knowledge and experience other participants of this beta may not. Asking here enables us HubSpotters and and everyone here to collaboratively share knowledge for the benefit of everyone in the beta. 

Here is a link to our documentation. This is an initial version and examples may be limited in clarity for your specific use-case. This content will evolve over time improving based on learnings from this group. Also, if you are planning to use Webhooks, please refer to this post which gives you more insights into how to use them

Here's a quick TL;DR on the functionality these APIs support today:

• Retrieve conversations threads and thread history (messages)
  • Update the status of threads
  • Publish outgoing messages as an agent on existing threads
  • Retrieve information about inboxes, channels, and channel accounts
  • Subscribe to events about conversations, including thread creation, thread status and assignment changes, and new messages on threads
HubSpotters In This Group
  • Joanna Carber, Paul Leninger, Faythe Gomolka - Engineers who worked on building out these APIs
  • Jake Hartz - Technical Lead for the team working on this feature.
  • Dennis Edson - Developer Community Manager
  • Me, Vijay Vadlamani - Product Manager on the team

These fabulous folks are dedicated to making the experience of this functionality a success. Please do us a favor, unless we ask do not DM us. We are all here to help but you will get faster and better help by asking in this group. 

Thank you for participating in this beta, and being a part of this community. Introduce yourself in the comments to let us know where you work, what you do, and how and what you're using the Conversations APIs for. 

1 Reply 1
dennisedson
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

Welcome to Conversations API beta!

@vvadlamani ,

Thanks for setting up this group!  Exciting things ahead for Conversations! 🎉

For anyone who is interested, I am Dennis.  I have 2 dogs, a cat and a couple fish (the fish were a bad decision forced upon me by my 7 year old).  Also have a bunch of chickens running around. 

When I am not working, you will usually find me trying to chase after my daughter who is the real manager of my family.