Conversations API Beta

niederberger
Participant

WHATSAPP

Hello Together. I try to integrate WhatsApp Business with the Conversation Inbox but as it seems there is no way yet as I'm not able to creat a new threat over the API, right? Would it be possible over webhooks, I guess not?

What I just saw, is when I', doing a GET on:

https://api.hubapi.com/conversations/v3/conversations/channels

I get also a WHATSAPP back.

Does anyone know whats going on there? 🙂

10 Replies 10
EricHirsh
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

WHATSAPP

To close this thread out, the HubSpot native WhatsApp integration that was previously mentioned as being in beta is now generally available to all Marketing Hub and Service Hub customers at the Professional tier and above. You can read more about it here.

HEagle
Contributor

WHATSAPP

Hi, Eric!

With this WhatsApp integration, are we able to log voicemails in our shared conversations inbox?
I am trying to find a way to receive and organize incoming voicemails for our customer support team & am having trouble finding something that'll work.
Any help is appreciated!

0 Upvotes
EricHirsh
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

WHATSAPP

Hi @HEagle , saw your other post about calling in the Inbox, and flagged it for one of our Calling product managers to hopefully reach out to you and ask some more questions. I'm afraid, though, that WhatsApp is a dead end - Meta doesn't offer any WhatsApp Business APIs around calling or group messaging so we can't support anything here right now.

AliAnsari
Contributor

WHATSAPP

Hello,

Just to let you know that HubSpot has released native integration with WhatsApp business, now you can use it in the conversational inbox and even create a WhatsApp chatbot using workflows and approved templates.

Go to inbox settings and connect to a new channel.

Whatsapp-connection_en (1).png

You can then receive and send messages from a  shared inbox.

ezgif-3-304a9ece4f.jpeg

Use it in Workflow as well.

ezgif-3-2e536f707e.jpeg

niederberger
Participant

WHATSAPP

Awesome. I dont have it in my Beta List yet. How can you activate it, do you know that?

0 Upvotes
AliAnsari
Contributor

WHATSAPP

You will have to contact HubSpot support and they will activate it for you.

AliAnsari_1-1663942247136.png

0 Upvotes
FvandenBosch
Participant

WHATSAPP

Yes is there any workaround for this? Especially since we dont have a chat widget for native mobile apps (like for example iOS/ Swift) the options for our users to contact us trough the inbox are very limitied.

Only option I see now is to convert Whatsapp Business API messages to emails (and search for the email with the contact API), and forward them to the inbox. But that sounds like a  big hack. If we just have a "POST" call in the conversation API we are all set.

0 Upvotes
vvadlamani
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

WHATSAPP

Hello! Sorry for the late reply here. 

Our APIs currently don't support the ability to add new channels via APIs but this is something we are interested in supporting in the future (don't have timelines yet)

With regards to seeing WhatsApp as a channel, it is something we are testing out internally as a proof of concept with the new APIs. We will have more to share later this year. 

Regards,

Vijay

0 Upvotes
niederberger
Participant

WHATSAPP

Would be awesome as right now, it's quite a hack.

0 Upvotes
ryan-cambium
Contributor

WHATSAPP

Correct — there is currently no API to CREATE threads. HubSpot recognizes
the limitation, and it sounds like it’s on the roadmap, but nothing
currently.
0 Upvotes