Content Strategy & SEO

参加者

which all factors plays an important role in ranking other than Backlinks?

I just completed my first lesson in SEO 2018 training. It was about how does search engine rank content. The only thing they focus on was Backlink. I am sure there must be many factors which contribute to ranking. Do anyone knows what all other factors determine the ranking of content in the search result and elsewhere?

Also, let me know if I have posted my query in the right topic/subtopic as I may have question-related to this course in future.

thanks.

0 いいね!
10件の返信
ipmedia1
メンバー

There are almost 200 factors affect the ranking of the site but the main factors are-

• Relevant domain
  • Proper Keyword optimization
  • Image optimization with proper Alt. Attributes
  • Good Quality Content
  • LSI Keywords should be there
  • Mobile-Friendly site
  • User-friendly layout
  • Content Should be useful 
  • Internal linking should be done properly.
  • Register your site on Google my business and other social platforms for good audience reach.

These are the basic factors which are must for the site to rank on Google, if you want to optimize your site on your own then this would help you - https://backlinko.com/google-ranking-factors

Or you can go with an agency for better results.

0 いいね!
wchouwmx
参加者

Hi there, just to give you a little credibility, I have been doing Seo for over a decade. For the last three years, I've been doing it professionally using the most cutting-edge tools and information. It's all I really do and I'm ads in advance level.

Many people perceive this process to be extremely complicated with so many factors that they just ignore it were shut down. In reality, I can simplify Seo down to a spew simple elements. If you can behaviors master these elements, they can get 80% of the effect of a master.

Positive back links because you've covered it. The next big piece is keywords. Google is really smart but it isn't perfect. If you don't spell out the exact keywords that your targeting sometimes, especially for very niche, particular industries with the way you technical words, it won't link your content properly with what it's about and what keywords they can target. Therefore, you can miss out on a lot of traffic make sure you have that keyword in the page title and throughout the post. But don't sprinkle it too many times, otherwise, Google will see as keyword stuffing and penalizing. I tend to aim for three times. Four or more is pushing it.

Next, you want sprinkle in related keywords into the post. So want to choose your primary keyword, find a bunch of related subtopic keywords. There are plenty of free and paid keyword research tools out there that will tell you what people search for, how many times a month, and give you a one 200 competition metric to show you how difficult it is to rate based on the competition.

The next big piece is competition. If you're a small site just starting out, you want to have a hard time ranking for a competitive keyword versus Forbes.com. Therefore, choose something, usually longer tail (more words in it ) and having less  search volume or less competition.

The final big piece is quality of content. You have to be objective of this because everyone thinks the content is better than it is. At the end of the day, the most epic contents that deserves to rank ends of ranking. Before you start writing that contact, find out what the top three results on Google look like. Ask yourself why this content is so user-friendly and valuable. Often, you discover things like they have very sore content that covers the topic from all angles, they have multimedia to make it digestible, and they have a table of contents. By optimizing the actual value of the content, you're able to deliver a exceptional user experience, sending all sorts of signals like great average time on page which will ultimately lead to a higher ranking on search engines.

-With love, Will Chou
john3211
メンバー

There are many factors which play an important role in ranking other than backlinks for example:

on-page SEO 

Mobile friendly site

unique content

image optimization

PrimeItSolution
メンバー

1. Content
2. Backlinks
3. Mobile-First User Experience
4. Other Technical Factors- H1 and H2 Headings, Anchor text

jjb868
参加者 | Diamond Partner
参加者 | Diamond Partner

One thing being left out here is the exact reason why Google places so much focus on backlinks.

Anyone know the answer?

Google believes that backlinks are one of the best ways to establish both credibility and authority on a domain. The idea is, when great content is created, naturally that content will be linked to in an organic way.

Step 1 is to create remarkable content. Provide information that is timely, unique and will act as a guide or source of information other's will want to reference later. 

Alex131
参加者

Agreed, backlinks are important to boost rankings. Rather QUALITY BACKLINKS are more important to established one's blog or website over the competition. This is why creating a content that is useful for the actual users, unique and timely attracts organic links.

0 いいね!
PorkandCiaran
メンバー

Hello! 

Congratulations on your first steps into SEO! Dont be put off by the overwhelming information out there! Remeber SEO is a marathon, not a sprint. take your time, focus on ethical practices (White Hat) and trial and error will be your friends! 

Factors that play important roles are a topic if discussion between many industry experts! Although i think the below list covers it pretty well! 

1. An accessible URL
  2. Page Speed
  3. Mobile Optimisation
  4. Domain Age, URL and authority
  5. Opimised content
  6. Technical SEO
  7. User Experience
  8. Link building strategy
  9. Social Signals
  10. Relevance of real business information

If you find you have any more questions, feel free to shoot me a reply! 

Hope this Helps! 

Ciaran

Phil_Vallender
最優秀メンバー | Diamond Partner
最優秀メンバー | Diamond Partner

Hi @4197836

Great question - backlinks have an overpowered SEO impact, but they are (dis?)proportionally harder to obtain. Meanwhile there are other factors which can be more easily harnessed for SEO gain. 

This report by SEMRush gives a really good insight into which ranking factors have the greatest impact: Ranking Factors 2.0

Hope this helps.

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency
MFrankJohnson
ソートリーダー

_hubspot-button-accept-as-solution-gif-v00.gif

Help other HubSpot searchers find this post quickly by accepting this solution today.

Q: Which factors determine the ranking of content in the search result and elsewhere?

Short A

- see Google’s 200 Ranking Factors: The Complete List (2018)

Longer A:

n/a

Help answer your question? If so, remember to accept this solution today.

Best,
Frank

hubspot-solutions-signature-mfrankjohnson-v03.png

www.MFrankJohnson.com

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com
参加者

thanks Sir

0 いいね!