Content Strategy & SEO

Lalitsharmavan
Participant

content marketing is free?

SOLVE

when we learn about content creation & promotion strategies for social media, so should we pay to promote our content then? or these will work for free accounts as well

0 Upvotes
2 Accepted solutions
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @Lalitsharmavan,

Paid promotion is usually one inbound channel and method of increasing the reach of your content. This short HubSpot Academy lesson explains how paid media can enhance content marketing / inbound marketing: https://academy.hubspot.com/lessons/fundamentals-of-paid-media

Theoretically, companies can do very well without paid promotion if their content is good enough; that is relevant and useful for their buyer persona. Usually however, it makes sense to include paid promotion in the mix to make a good thing perform better.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @Lalitsharmavan,

Thank you for adding context. There is unfortunately not a black and white answer, it really depends. Yes, as a motivational speaker, targeted paid efforts could help in generating leads for you!

Best regards

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
4 Replies 4
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @Lalitsharmavan,

Paid promotion is usually one inbound channel and method of increasing the reach of your content. This short HubSpot Academy lesson explains how paid media can enhance content marketing / inbound marketing: https://academy.hubspot.com/lessons/fundamentals-of-paid-media

Theoretically, companies can do very well without paid promotion if their content is good enough; that is relevant and useful for their buyer persona. Usually however, it makes sense to include paid promotion in the mix to make a good thing perform better.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler

Lalitsharmavan
Participant

SOLVE

Your answer is satisfactory enough but to clear my doubt I really want to ask you, as a company it is understandable to do paid promotion but as a social media influencer ( motivational speaker ), what do you think would be a better choice paid or free? ( I am not sure about paid promotion to start with ) 

Thank you so much for your answer before & will wait for answer to this as well.

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @Lalitsharmavan,

Thank you for adding context. There is unfortunately not a black and white answer, it really depends. Yes, as a motivational speaker, targeted paid efforts could help in generating leads for you!

Best regards

Karsten Köhler

0 Upvotes
Lalitsharmavan
Participant

SOLVE

thank you so much, because I was getting few audiences for my content (with a free one) but I am not satisfied with that much yet so I was in doubt as to whether I should wait more or start paying to promote my content)

0 Upvotes