Content Strategy & SEO

SmitDholakiya
Participant

Your insights will be helpful!

SOLVE

Hi,

We're encountering a unique issue post the helpful content update in September.

We have over 400 business planning template pages that were performing well in rankings.However, since the update, some of these pages have inexplicably disappeared from search results.

It's been erratic—some pages reappear, while others remain missing.

For instance, until recently, our Bookstore business plan template was consistently on the first page. Suddenly, it's nowhere to be found in the top 100 results, even when searching with specific terms like "Bookstore business plan template + Brand name."

Strangely, the page still appears as cached and indexed. We've tried various adjustments like URL changes and content updates, but the issue persists.

Any insights or suggestions from SEO experts would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Smit 

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
danmoyle
Solution
Most Valuable Member | Elite Partner

SOLVE

Hi @SmitDholakiya. That can be extremely frustrating. Here's where I'd start: 

From there, I'd keep finessing the content to ensure it's helpful in Google's eyes. 

Hope that helps some! 

Did my answer help? Please "mark as a solution" to help others find answers. Plus I really appreciate it!

Dan Moyle

HubSpot Advisor

LearningOps | Impulse Creative

emailAddress
dan@impulsecreative.com
website
https://impulsecreative.com/

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
danmoyle
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @SmitDholakiya. That can be extremely frustrating. Here's where I'd start: 

From there, I'd keep finessing the content to ensure it's helpful in Google's eyes. 

Hope that helps some! 

Did my answer help? Please "mark as a solution" to help others find answers. Plus I really appreciate it!

Dan Moyle

HubSpot Advisor

LearningOps | Impulse Creative

emailAddress
dan@impulsecreative.com
website
https://impulsecreative.com/
0 Upvotes
BérangèreL
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @SmitDholakiya,

Thank you for asking the Community!

I'd like to ask clarifying questions to make sure that we understand what's happening:

1. When you say "since the update", which updates are you refering to? Are these HubSpot updates? Are they Google updates? Other type of updates?
2. The page that is no longer appearing is a HubSpot page? Or an external page?
3. Where can you not find the page? Is that on the Google search result page? Or on another search engine? If yes, which one?
4. Can you confirm that in the settings, the page is indeed indexed and crawlable?

I'd like to invite a couple of subject matter experts to this conversation: Hi @Josh, @danmoyle and @Phil_Vallender do you have tips to help @SmitDholakiya, please?

Also, if anybody else has anything to add and/or share, please feel free to join in the conversation 🙂

Thank you very much and have a brilliant day!

Best,
Bérangère

Saviez-vous que la Communauté est disponible en Français ?
Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings!

0 Upvotes
SmitDholakiya
Participant

SOLVE

Hi,

Thank you for your reply!

I'm asking in the context of Google SEO, specifically regarding the Helpful Content Update from last September. Our pages have disappeared from the Google search results. They have been crawled, but I am not sure if they are indexed.

I've checked everything, but I'm still having trouble.

Thank you for your assistance!

Best,
Smit 

0 Upvotes