Content Strategy & SEO

BellicusD

Which Survey for existing Clients for Persona

SOLVE

Hi,

We've just started with Hubspot, and developing our buyers persona.  We want to survey our existing clients (~500), and then be able to segment based on their responses.

Would it be best to build a form on a landingpage in Hubspot to gather this info, so the info is stored in their contact record?

Or use SurveyMonkey instead to survey them?  From what I've read, this info won't actually go into their contact record, and instead stored/accessed elsewhere within Hubspot?  I'm concerend that if we stop using Surveymonkey, we'll lose the info we've gathered on clients?

What have others done to survey existing clients?

It would be great to setup a system, that when new client contacts are added to Hubspot, they're automatically sent the survey form, so we can gather info on new clients when they come on board as well!

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
shearn
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

I think SurveyMonkey is the way to go.  You'll need a Basic, Pro or Enterprise HubSpot account and you'll need a Standard SurveyMonkey subscription if you want to collect survey results. The first question on your survey must as for a contacts email address in order for it to work. All data will show up on their timeline so it won't be stored anywhere else. You have to option to embed the survey on a landing page as well so their gives you the option to create a HubSpot landing page if you need one.

SurveyMonkey Integration Notes

If this option doesn't work, you could always create a HubSpot form and use that to collect answers to your questions. You will have to create a contact property group for survey results and create a number of custom fields (which will be created with a SurveyMonkey integration anyways), but it ensures you know where the information is.

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
shearn
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

I think SurveyMonkey is the way to go.  You'll need a Basic, Pro or Enterprise HubSpot account and you'll need a Standard SurveyMonkey subscription if you want to collect survey results. The first question on your survey must as for a contacts email address in order for it to work. All data will show up on their timeline so it won't be stored anywhere else. You have to option to embed the survey on a landing page as well so their gives you the option to create a HubSpot landing page if you need one.

SurveyMonkey Integration Notes

If this option doesn't work, you could always create a HubSpot form and use that to collect answers to your questions. You will have to create a contact property group for survey results and create a number of custom fields (which will be created with a SurveyMonkey integration anyways), but it ensures you know where the information is.

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution.
0 Upvotes
BellicusD

SOLVE

So I'm a bit confused with your Survey Monkey suggestion.

From my previous use of Survey Monkey, it knows which people clicked and completed the survey because the email was sent through Survey Monkey.  Consequently why would I need to include an email address field like you suggested to indentify the respondent?

Is it because you're suggesting i send the survey out through Hubspot as a weblink, and consequently SurveyMonkey may not necessarily know who the person is completing the survey?

But then wouldn't hubspot know, because the email was sent through hubspot, and hubspot would know the person clicked on the link in the email?

i don't understand IF i really need to add an extra field asking reponsdents to submit their email address or not...

I'm only sending this to EXISTING contacts in Hubspot to develop their characteristcs for thir persona...

0 Upvotes
shearn
Key Advisor

SOLVE

I was referring to sending the Web Collector Link in a HubSpot email.

From my experience, in order to collect responses on a users activity stream in HubSpot, you need to include an email field in the survey.  HubSpot will track any clicks on the link as it usually does, but it won't provide you with any other information. 

Capture.PNG

But, for Basic accounts, you need to use the Email Collector feature in Survey Money. Just upload your contacts in Survey Monkey and send from there.

Capture.PNG

I've only had experience using the Web Collector Link, so I can't say how the Email Collector works exactly.

0 Upvotes