Content Strategy & SEO

MSanfilippo

Where to begin with content strategy?

SOLVE

Which tactics do you suggest I utilize first as part of my content marketing strategy to generate the most leads / get the biggest bang for a buck? For example, do I start with looking at the automated emails we are already sending out? Do I look at the buyer journey / buyer pain points? I'm looking to understand where the biggest opportunities are to make the biggest impact on company new revenue so I can make the best use of my time.

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @MSanfilippo,

HubSpot's funnel model has been deprecated (and replaced by the flywheel), but the funnel model is still useful. Think of your whole marketing and sales machine as a funnel and look at the conversion rates. From visitors to leads, from leads to MQLs, from MQLs to SQLs, from SQLs to opportunities, from opportunities to customers. Which conversion rate seems like it's "off", like it should be higher? Where is your funnel "leaking"? What number do you feel like you could easily increase? That's what you should focus on.

Tactics like automation, paid, extensive content production can help – they likely will. But you want to know what part of your marketing and sales machine they're impacting.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
hpande
Participant

SOLVE

Hi Msan

Good to see you thinking strategically as a founder for the sales funnel instead of just obsessing with the product. Thats a great start as some great products get stifled due to the founder's tunnel vision. But you understand the value of a high LTV/CAC based on digital funnels. Thats half the battle!!

Now, what you need is a data collection and analyses pattern across your user journeys from top to bottom funnel. And then increase the volume. Forthat I suggest my clients to begin with SEM as it takes less time. That way you know which keywords convert the best on your landing pages. You can optimize faster on your landing pages and come with better user journeys. But you should slowly also get your SEO volume up. Eventually your SEO/SEM work hand in hand to deliver best roi. I was able to do it for a client to increase roi by 300 pct. For great SEO, you need a broad based plan. Having a gerat plan are essential to not only SEO/SEM but any marketing tactic you deploy. It saves money in long run and more importantly your time and energy which are the biggest waste in a digital funnel. If the funnel is slick, growth happens.

For SEO, you need to work with good state of art tools in crawling, web vitals and page ranking. CLS, LCP and FID are basic metrices. But great keyword research is where it starts and its a topic in itself that needs an expert eye.

For good SEM though, you should definitely deploy an expert as it will save cost. It helps to build good quality marketing collateral too.

There is no end to creting and implementing great marketing and sales strategies utilizing state of art tech. And founders like yourelf stand a great chance to that end. All the best. Let me know if any more help is needed.

regards

H

Book a talk time

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @MSanfilippo,

HubSpot's funnel model has been deprecated (and replaced by the flywheel), but the funnel model is still useful. Think of your whole marketing and sales machine as a funnel and look at the conversion rates. From visitors to leads, from leads to MQLs, from MQLs to SQLs, from SQLs to opportunities, from opportunities to customers. Which conversion rate seems like it's "off", like it should be higher? Where is your funnel "leaking"? What number do you feel like you could easily increase? That's what you should focus on.

Tactics like automation, paid, extensive content production can help – they likely will. But you want to know what part of your marketing and sales machine they're impacting.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

MSanfilippo

SOLVE

This is great advice! Will do. Thank you! I did put together my flywheel and also my buyer personas and will re-visit them.