What to do with Webinar Registration Page tied to GTW after Registration Closes

SOLVE
Regular Contributor

Best Practices Suggestions Needed:

Do you make any adjustments to your Webinar Registration Page after the webinar ends?

I have a webinar registration page that contains the form to register that is linked to register people in GTW(GoToWebinar) and it goes to a Thank you for registering page when the form is submitted.

I have a webinar on-demand page that contains a form that goes to a page with the recorded webinar. This will be published after the webinar.

Do you make any adjustments to your Webinar Registration Page after the webinar ends?

What are my options? What is the best practice?

After the webinar closes and someone goes to the webinar registration page, if I don't make changes, what will happen?

0 Upvotes
2 Accepted solutions

Accepted Solutions
Community Thought Leader | Diamond Partner

Hi @aalvarado

If you don't make any change to the pre-webinar registration page, people finding it and submitting the form will complete the conversion but not receive anything regarding the webinar - most probably. 

To ensure you don't lost any of the SEO or lead gen potential that the pre-webinar page has accumulated, I would recommend that you redirect it to or replace it with your post-webinar registration page. 

Hope this helps.

Phil Vallender | Inbound marketing for B2B technology companies
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

After a webinar, we change this page to an "On-Demand Webinar Page". So the form changes from a registration form to a recording-access form where the user can access a recording of the session. 

0 Upvotes
2 Replies 2
Community Thought Leader | Diamond Partner

Hi @aalvarado

If you don't make any change to the pre-webinar registration page, people finding it and submitting the form will complete the conversion but not receive anything regarding the webinar - most probably. 

To ensure you don't lost any of the SEO or lead gen potential that the pre-webinar page has accumulated, I would recommend that you redirect it to or replace it with your post-webinar registration page. 

Hope this helps.

Phil Vallender | Inbound marketing for B2B technology companies
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

After a webinar, we change this page to an "On-Demand Webinar Page". So the form changes from a registration form to a recording-access form where the user can access a recording of the session. 

0 Upvotes