Content Strategy & SEO

LGayazetdinova
参加者

What does a «relevant link» mean?

I’m now analyzing my backlink profile and wondering what links there are relevant and what is not. 

1. Some pages contain my keywords in their URL, title, and content, but they are not ranking for these keywords or related keywords according to the organic keywords report in different SEO tools. 
  2. And there are ones that both contain my keywords in their URL, title, content, and rank for the keywords that include my focus keyword. For example, my focus keyword is «dress», and they are ranking for «dress», «red dress», or «red cocktail dress». 

Which one of these pages will give a «relevance» signal to Google? Only one of them or both?

And one more additional question. For example, my page is only about dresses. On which pages should I focus within my backlinks' strategy to rank for a keyword “dress”: on pages that are also only about dresses or on narrower pages, like «red dress», «green dress», and «cocktail dress»? Or on both of them?

0 いいね!
4件の返信
Syeda_Fatima
トップ投稿者 | Diamond Partner
トップ投稿者 | Diamond Partner

Hi @LGayazetdinova, Both of the pages will give a relevance signal to Google, but the page that is ranking for more specific keywords such as "red dress" or "red cocktail dress" will likely give a stronger signal.

For your backlink strategy, it is best to focus on both pages that are only about dresses, as well as more specific pages such as "red dress", "green dress", and "cocktail dress". This will help to ensure that your page is ranking for a variety of related keywords, and that you are getting the most out of your backlink strategy.

Hope this helps to understand!

LGayazetdinova
参加者

Thank you! What about pages that only contain keywords (both main and specific) in their content, but don't rank for them? Are they helpful?

0 いいね!
Syeda_Fatima
トップ投稿者 | Diamond Partner
トップ投稿者 | Diamond Partner

Dear @LGayazetdinova, I think, No! pages that only contain keywords and do not rank for them on HubSpot are not helpful for search engine optimization.

However, Key
words are only one part of a successful SEO strategy; other important elements include having quality content, relevant links, and a well-structured website.

And ranking high in search engine results requires a comprehensive approach that takes into account a variety of factors such as user experience, page speed, and backlink profile.

Jnix284
最優秀メンバー | Diamond Partner
最優秀メンバー | Diamond Partner

@LGayazetdinova a lot of people base back links off of domain authority or relevance, but the more important thing is to try to get your back links to reach a broader audience of people looking at other websites who could benefit from your website/product.

If the site isn't ranking for your keywords, you won't compete with them, but it doesn't mean that having a backlink on their site won't help drive traffic to your website, which is ultimately what you want.

Building relationships and generating quality backlinks is more important than quantity - focus on finding the right backlink partners and finding the right opportunities to drive traffic to your website.

With UTMs, you can easily determine where the traffic is coming from and see which backlink partners are working best for you.

If my reply answered your question please mark it as a solution to make it easier for others to find.

Jennifer Nixon - Delivery Lead at Aptitude 8

connect with Jen on Linkedin