Website Ranking

Occasional Contributor

Hi,

I have a website yesterday ranking on 1st position, but suddenly today goes down 9th position. 

could you please tell me the exact solution.

what should i do?

5 Replies
Advisor

Hey @rajjthe could you share some more information about your site, content strategy and the keywords you are using? Perhaps @Champion or @Babel_Izzy can offer some advice Smiley Happy

0 Upvotes
Inbound Professor

Hey @aoifemoon, great question. Search engines are a dynamic landscape. There are many factors that could lead to a decline in search engine rankings:

• New competitiors creating content
  • Increase of inbound links of competitor websites
  • Content changes on your site that impact rankings

Hope that helps. 

Justin

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
Inbound Professor

And by @aoifemoon I mean @rajjthe Smiley Happy

0 Upvotes
Regular Contributor

after every google latest update, they analyze each website through their crawlers to check the quality of the website, like it's ranking, content, age etc, if they found something wrong like spam links, copyrighted content they outrank website or sometimes take it down from their index. 

0 Upvotes
Regular Contributor | Platinum Partner

@rajjthe ,

Many things can effect rankings:

• Algorithm changes
  • Lost links
  • Broken links
  • Link penalties from Google
  • Competition from other sites
  • Server issues
  • Click-through-rate changes
  • Recent website changes and redesign
  • Technical issues

Do you have Google Analytics and Search Console installed on the site? This is a great tool to help diagnose ranking dips. I'd also recommend ahrefs.com. 

If you ever want to talk about SEO strategy directly, feel free to book a call with me. I work for an SEO agency and would be happy to provide you with a free consultation and site audit. 

Cheers, 

0 Upvotes