Universal/wildcard URL Redirects

Highlighted
New Contributor

I am looking to create universal directs with a wildcard. The current wildcard feature does NOT appear to have the function I am looking for. 

Example:

www.website.com/blog/author/page1

www.website.com/blog/author/page2

www.website.com/blog/author/page3

etc. 

I would like to create a universal redirect for all pages that contain url

www.website.com/blog/author

And redirect those to www.website.com/blog

With other CRM's, I have seen the following

Original URL or path: /blog/author/*

Destination URL or path: /blog

The Hubspot URL Mapping appears to only be available if you force a URL string after the *(wildcard)

Does anyone know if a universal direct is possible, and if so how?

0 Upvotes
2 Replies 2
Highlighted
HubSpot Moderator

Hi @nikkiwardle  Can you go ahead and try this:

Original URL or path: /blog/author/*

Destination URL or path: /blog

In most cases, users will want to recreate the slug on the new blog post, but I don't think it is required. I would try it on my portal but I don't have blogs in that format. 

Please try redirecting the specific to the general blog url and let me know if you are succesfull. 

Thank you,

Ed Justen 

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
0 Upvotes
Occasional Contributor | Platinum Partner

Hi there! 

I'm hoping someone can answer this. We have our resources page set up using a blog template. The resources all link to landing pages, so we don't want the posts used to populate the resource listing page showing up in search. How would we set up the original and redirect URL for all of our resource posts? I know this is similar to the question above, but there is only one level after the main domain (new-resources-page), not two (blog/author). 

Here is a post: 

https://info.thespotonagency.com/new-resources-page/survival-guide-for-your-website

Here's where we want it to go: 

https://info.thespotonagency.com/new-resources-page

Thank you!
Erica