Content Strategy & SEO

MVal-Ugboma
Membro

The Stages a Customer Goes Through to Decide on a Product

Bad storytelling can ruin even the best content strategy and dissuade customers. To ensure you tell a good story, you must first understand the mind of your audience and the customers that will be reading your work.

The first stage in this decision-making process is the Awareness stage. The customer is attracted to your ideas when you initially drop it and wants to know more. This stage is amplified by an eye-catching and emotionally appealing topic.

The second stage is Consideration stage. Here, the customer begins to think and analyze and critical ask himself/herself if your product is worth their time. The body of your writing entry will make or mar this stage and the follow up afterwards.

The final but not least stage is the all-powerful Decison stage. The customer has heard your message, your mission, read your characters, understood and reached the end of your conflict and its resolution. The time comes for an essential choice between a click that will initiate a transaction or a click that will end communication. The conclusion of the story you have told holds this stage in the balance. Were you convincing enough? This is the key question.

Alll three stages will report in the end in the profit margins of your business. Goodluck!

5 Respostas 5
deepikaverma
Orientador(a) | Parceiro
Orientador(a) | Parceiro

Hi @MVal-Ugboma 
It is really insightful. I have used the following steps for customers to decide on a product.

- Understand Your Purpose
-Create the Conflict
- Create the Character
- Focus on WIFT (What is it for them)
- Keep it simple
- Deliver a great ending

Thank you!

Jnix284
Participante de valor | Parceiro Diamante

Hi @deepikaverma  your process sounds a lot like StoryBrand, if you haven't read the book Building a Story Brand, I highly recommend it!

If my reply answered your question please mark it as a solution to make it easier for others to find.

Jennifer Nixon - Delivery Lead at Aptitude 8

connect with Jen on Linkedin

deepikaverma
Orientador(a) | Parceiro
Orientador(a) | Parceiro

Hi @JNix
Thank you for referring the book.

SNigam
Conselheiro(a) de destaque

Jnix284

Hi @MVal-Ugboma thank you for sharing, I agree that telling a good story is critical to success. Have you read this article by HubSpot about Brand Stories? I highly recommend checking it out! 🙂

If my reply answered your question please mark it as a solution to make it easier for others to find.

Jennifer Nixon - Delivery Lead at Aptitude 8

connect with Jen on Linkedin