Content Strategy & SEO

NikkiG
投稿者

Sharing infographics - file type? SEO Optimization?

解決

What are the best methods you guys have found for sharing infographics? What file types do you use? How do you optimize for SEO? It seems the only file type I can upload if I want it to be hosted via HS is png or jpg. But then, the text can't be read, except for the alt text. If I uploaded it to my externally hosted domain, I'd use a pdf... but that comes with its own set of cons. Just wondering what you've all found works best...? 

The infographic I'm planning to post will be the content given as a result of the click of a CTA from a blog. 

0 いいね!
2件の承認済みベストアンサー
shearn
解決策
キーアドバイザー

解決

The best method I've used would be to have the infographic embedded as an image (.PNG or .JPG) into the blog post as opposed to having it as a stand-alone item. That way it can leverage the content of the post. 

I also feel it's more flexible when it comes to social sharing and promotion. Take this HubSpot blog post for example

Unless your CTA goes to a crawlable landing page with targeted, relevant content, it will be difficult to get much traction - unless it's a very niche topic. 

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution.

元の投稿で解決策を見る

mattgeller
解決策
投稿者

解決

Embed the PNG within the page, but then hyperlink the PNG to the PDF file so it's much easier for users to view.

元の投稿で解決策を見る

6件の返信
PKlein4
メンバー

解決

This is my personal experience on seekapsych.com.  Sharing infographics effectively involves considering file types, optimization for SEO, and the platform you choose for hosting. For platforms like HubSpot, PNG or JPG are common choices, while external hosting with PDF may preserve text clarity. Optimize for SEO by using descriptive alt text and including relevant keywords in the filename. Keep in mind platform-specific limitations and capabilities, and choose a reliable external hosting service if needed. Ensure the infographic is responsive, integrates well with your blog content, and includes a clear call-to-action. The best approach depends on your specific needs and platform requirements. Consider creating multiple versions to cater to different hosting scenarios.

jkern
メンバー

解決

So it's not a better idea to create the Infographic as HTML, to get more SEO juice???

0 いいね!
mattgeller
解決策
投稿者

解決

Embed the PNG within the page, but then hyperlink the PNG to the PDF file so it's much easier for users to view.

NikkiG
投稿者

解決

Thank you both! I'm used a combination of both of your answers for my infographic! 

0 いいね!
shearn
解決策
キーアドバイザー

解決

The best method I've used would be to have the infographic embedded as an image (.PNG or .JPG) into the blog post as opposed to having it as a stand-alone item. That way it can leverage the content of the post. 

I also feel it's more flexible when it comes to social sharing and promotion. Take this HubSpot blog post for example

Unless your CTA goes to a crawlable landing page with targeted, relevant content, it will be difficult to get much traction - unless it's a very niche topic. 

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution.
ipmedia1
メンバー

解決

PNG and JPG files are suggested for SEO optimization.

0 いいね!