Content Strategy & SEO

NMunroe92

SEO Subtopics

SOLVE

Hi there,

Is it possible to use keywords linked to the main topic in SEO without the subs having a URL attached? Or must they have a URL attached to work?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
ChristinaKay
Solution
Top Contributor

SEO Subtopics

SOLVE

You dont have to have the keyword in the URL... it helps for sure. And if you do have it in the URL make sure you are paying attention to how it is displayed... using to many-hephens-to-break-up-things can look spammy. Google does display the URLs with keyword-rich content for websites that don't use breadcrumb navigation or the structured data associated with it (screenshot attached). 

Make sure you have the keywords in image alt text and follow other best practices if you are leaving it out of the URL :). If you want to give me more deets on this (PM me) and I can give more specific help! 

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
AlishaCoffey

SEO Subtopics

SOLVE

I noticed that your question has already been answered, but I wanted to add my two cents. As far as I know, it is possible to use subtopics or keywords linked to the main topic in SEO without them having a URL attached. However, it's always best to have a URL attached to each subtopic, as it can help with indexing and ranking.In case you're interested, I came across a helpful resource that talks about SEO subtopics in more detail. It's an article on najadeseo.com that I found useful when I was learning about SEO. You can check it out at https://najadeseo.com/seo-%e0%b8%aa%e0%b8%b2%e0%b8%a2%e0%b9%80%e0%b8%97%e0%b8%b2/

0 Upvotes
ChristinaKay
Solution
Top Contributor

SEO Subtopics

SOLVE

You dont have to have the keyword in the URL... it helps for sure. And if you do have it in the URL make sure you are paying attention to how it is displayed... using to many-hephens-to-break-up-things can look spammy. Google does display the URLs with keyword-rich content for websites that don't use breadcrumb navigation or the structured data associated with it (screenshot attached). 

Make sure you have the keywords in image alt text and follow other best practices if you are leaving it out of the URL :). If you want to give me more deets on this (PM me) and I can give more specific help! 

MiaSrebrnjak
Community Manager
Community Manager

SEO Subtopics

SOLVE

HI @NMunroe92,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community!

I wanted to tag in a couple of subject matter experts to see if they have any input on this matter:

hi @albertsg@ChristinaKay@GeorgeBThomas, do you have any tips for @NMunroe92? Thank you!

Cheers
Mia, Community Team  

Wusstest du, dass es auch eine DACH-Community gibt?
Nimm an regionalen Unterhaltungen teil, indem du deine Spracheinstellungen änderst

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by
changing your language settings