Content Strategy & SEO

donrua
Top Contributor

Pros and Cons of Placing Pillar Content - Ready to start a new pillar and cluster

I want to start creating a pillar content page, and accompanying cluster sub-topics to follow. My question is this: are there pros and cons to building the pillar page as a blog post, vs a web page? 
Can I use the Hubspot pillar content tools if I do it as a blog post? 

0 Upvotes
4 Replies 4
GEORGEDONALD

Pros and Cons of Placing Pillar Content - Ready to start a new pillar and cluster

I want to know how much length of content is necessary for a services tool search engine optimization 

0 Upvotes
TiphaineCuisset
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @donrua 

Thank you for posting in the Community! 

You can definitely set up a blog post as a pillar page in HubSpot. I want to share with you these two blog posts regarding best practices for building pillar pages: 

9 Pillar Page Examples to Get You Started With Your Own 

How to Create a Pillar Page 

I also wanted to tag in a few subject matter experts. @mike-ward , @trevordjones , @warrendavey  @MikeCormack do you have any suggestions for @donrua regarding pros and cons of using a blog post for a pillar page, versus a website page? 

Have a lovely day,

Tiphaine

Saviez vous que la Communauté est disponible en français?
Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

donrua
Top Contributor

Thank you. I read everthing I could find about pillar pages, but I didn't find a specific address of pros and cons, in a Hubspot managed site, between blog posts and web page. It seems there are sometimes features available for one but not the other. And if HS has a good tool for managing pillar and cluster, that's something I haven't worked with before. I expect to build out 5+ pillar pages, a few sub-pillars, and 12-20 support pages for each. I assume much of that would be done via the blog, which is my primary focus, but I want to know if I'm burning a bridge I will regret.

0 Upvotes
TiphaineCuisset
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @donrua 

There is no real difference between the blog tool and the website pages tool in HubSpot in terms of what you can do with them. The only main thing would be that your blog articles have to share the same template (even if you can have a different one for your blog listing page) whereas with your website pages you can have a different template for each page.

Here is a guide for the Blog tool as well as Landing & Website Pages in HubSpot:

Get started with the blog tool 

Get started with landing pages and website pages 

Hope that helps

Have a lovely day

Tiphaine

Saviez vous que la Communauté est disponible en français?
Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes