Content Strategy & SEO

Olyray

Problem with Google Search Console

SOLVE

Good day. In the HubSpot Content Marketing Certification Course, there is a lesson on historical optimization. One of the steps required is to use Google Search Console to find out the search position of my top pages. How do I go about this? I've scoured the internet to no avail. 

Any help would be appreciated. 

Thanks. 

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
Josh
Solution
Recognized Expert | Platinum Partner

SOLVE

Hi @Olyray,

1. Log in to search console and choose the correct web property
  2. On the overview screen you will see sections for performance, coverage, and enhancements
  3. Under performance (directly below the chart) you will see "Search Results" - click there
  4. It will default you to your keyword performance, but directly below the chart, you should see the option to choose "Pages" - click there
  5. Using the filters at the top you can look at time frames, comparisons, and the type of data you want to see
  6. You can click into each of the pages and then switch back to queries to see which keywords the specific page was visible for

I hope that helps!

Josh

Did this post help solve your problem? If so, please mark it as a solution.

Josh Curcio

HubSpot support and inbound marketing for OEMs, contract manufacturers, and industrial suppliers.
HubSpot Platinum Partner & HubSpot Certified Trainer

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
ipmedia1

SOLVE

Google Search Console and Google Analytics both can be used to get the best analytics report because Google search Console gives all the technical and search query results related to the site and Google analytics gives the detailed analytics report related to the traffic of the site. 

0 Upvotes
Josh
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @Olyray,

1. Log in to search console and choose the correct web property
  2. On the overview screen you will see sections for performance, coverage, and enhancements
  3. Under performance (directly below the chart) you will see "Search Results" - click there
  4. It will default you to your keyword performance, but directly below the chart, you should see the option to choose "Pages" - click there
  5. Using the filters at the top you can look at time frames, comparisons, and the type of data you want to see
  6. You can click into each of the pages and then switch back to queries to see which keywords the specific page was visible for

I hope that helps!

Josh

Did this post help solve your problem? If so, please mark it as a solution.

Josh Curcio

HubSpot support and inbound marketing for OEMs, contract manufacturers, and industrial suppliers.
HubSpot Platinum Partner & HubSpot Certified Trainer

Olyray

SOLVE

Thanks. This seems to have helped. Is there a way to do the same thing with Google Analytics? 

0 Upvotes
Daniel_Bleich
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Hi @Olyray , Google Analytics usually is used for more on-website data and data about the users, and search console gives you data relevant to search engines mostly.

Both should be used together and each has seperate functions.

Daniel Bleichman
Marketing | AudioCodes

Danielbleichman@gmail.com
Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution