Content Strategy & SEO

Jnix284
Most Valuable Member | Elite Partner

PSA - SEO and the HubSpot Community

Pro Tip: adding a general post to the community and linking to your website won't help your SEO.

Not only is the link set to no referrer, it will get removed from your post.

<vent>

For the most part, I believe we are all here to learn from each other, ask questions and get answers, among all the other amazing benefits of the HubSpot Community. This is a community I'm very grateful to be a part of and am always excited to see new faces.

There are a lot of people coming to the community to learn about SEO and how to improve their websites - there is SO much good advice going around from amazing, highly qualified experts it is UNREAL!

Instead of writing a post asking for general help about your website, review the other posts and start trying to narrow down where you could use the most help - asking a specific, relevant question will get you the best advice.

Adding links here doesn't help your SEO and won't help you get better. The Community Managers have done an incredible job of building an amazing community, don't create unnecessary work for them. 

</vent>

If my reply answered your question please mark it as a solution to make it easier for others to find.

Jennifer Nixon - Delivery Lead at Aptitude 8

connect with Jen on Linkedin

5 Replies 5
danmoyle

👏👏 preach! 👏👏

This Community is so generous and helpful. Like you said @Jnix284 we're surrounded by some of the best minds in marketing. So many threads already have great advice, that being general in a question isn't nearly as helpful to others as being specific. 

Did my answer help? Please "mark as a solution" to help others find answers. Plus I really appreciate it!

Dan Moyle

HubSpot Advisor

LearningOps | Impulse Creative

emailAddress
dan@impulsecreative.com
website
https://impulsecreative.com/
kvlschaefer
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you, @Jnix284 🙌 

I wholeheartedly agree with you and @Jaycee_Lewis. We really appreciate your contributions and thank you for helping us build this Community! 🧡 

All the best,

Kristen

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !
Jnix284

@kvlschaefer I didn't mean to turn this around on me, appreciate your kind words!

I know it is probably wishful thinking that the same people who write those types of posts would actually read this post, but I just feel like someone had an idea for building HubSpot backlinks or getting clicks that spread through some dark web slack channel...

If my reply answered your question please mark it as a solution to make it easier for others to find.

Jaycee_Lewis
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks, @Jnix284 🧡 Community really is a two-way street – both giving and receiving 🤝 We appreciate you greatly! — Jaycee

linkedin

Jaycee Lewis

Developer Community Manager

Community | HubSpot

Jnix284

You're welcome @Jaycee_Lewis 🧡