Content Strategy & SEO

Zareei

No-index Webpages

SOLVE

Hello everybody. 

I have a question regarding the SEO of my client's website.

As I was checking my client's website, I noticed they had 2.7k no index web pages. I was wondering whether these no-index web pages can negatively impact my SEO and ranking or not? And if yes, what should I do? for example, I should delete all those web pages or make them no-follow for Google. I have to say that my client website is a grocery and e-commerce.

Thanks in advance 

2 Accepted solutions
Bryantworks
Solution
Key Advisor | Diamond Partner

No-index Webpages

SOLVE

Hey @Zareei,

If the pages are no-index, then Google won't index them and they shouldn't negatively or positively impact your SEO. 

Chris Bryant | Your Dedicated HubSpot Expert

View solution in original post

webdew
Solution
Guide | Diamond Partner
Guide | Diamond Partner

No-index Webpages

SOLVE

Hi @Zareei ,

It is very important to keep track of your website pages, whether or not they are getting indexed.  

You should first check if there are any important pages included in these no-index pages. You can check it in Google’s Search Console > Coverage Report. 

There you will find issues related to the indexing of the pages. If you have a “Submitted URL marked ‘no-index” error that means important pages are also not being index.

You can resolve this issue by finding the important pages that you want to be indexed and removing the no-index tag. The no index tag will look like this - <meta name=”robots” content=”noindex”>

You should also keep updating your sitemap frequently and cross-check if your important pages are included in it. 

Hope this helps!

If we were able to answer your query, kindly help the community by marking it as a solution.

Thanks and Regard.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
sparnell
Participant | Diamond Partner
Participant | Diamond Partner

No-index Webpages

SOLVE

While no-indexed pages won't count against you, it will hurt your inbound lead generation efforts if what is not indexed is good content and should be inedexed. After making sure there are no "no-index" tags on the page and there is no disallow setting in your robots.txt file, you can submit individual pages to Google for indexing through Search Console. You can do up to 10 of these per day. Let me know if you need help to do this.

webdew
Solution
Guide | Diamond Partner
Guide | Diamond Partner

No-index Webpages

SOLVE

Hi @Zareei ,

It is very important to keep track of your website pages, whether or not they are getting indexed.  

You should first check if there are any important pages included in these no-index pages. You can check it in Google’s Search Console > Coverage Report. 

There you will find issues related to the indexing of the pages. If you have a “Submitted URL marked ‘no-index” error that means important pages are also not being index.

You can resolve this issue by finding the important pages that you want to be indexed and removing the no-index tag. The no index tag will look like this - <meta name=”robots” content=”noindex”>

You should also keep updating your sitemap frequently and cross-check if your important pages are included in it. 

Hope this helps!

If we were able to answer your query, kindly help the community by marking it as a solution.

Thanks and Regard.

Bryantworks
Solution

No-index Webpages

SOLVE

Hey @Zareei,

If the pages are no-index, then Google won't index them and they shouldn't negatively or positively impact your SEO. 

Chris Bryant | Your Dedicated HubSpot Expert