Content Strategy & SEO

GPandey3

My page is getting blank meta description in the Google Search Results

SOLVE

Hello,

I recently found that one of my website pages is getting blank metadata in the Google search results.

wow coupon code gopaisa issue.png

What is the issue and how we can fix this? Please share your ideas on this.

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
Jnix284
Solution
Most Valuable Member | Elite Partner

SOLVE

Hi @GPandey3 I can confirm that your meta description is available in the code:

Jnix284_0-1712577301809.png

and that it is also blank for me in SERPs:

Jnix284_1-1712577360822.png

Here is an example of the meta description from HubSpot.com:

<meta name="description" content="HubSpot's CRM platform contains the marketing, sales, service, operations, and website-building software you need to grow your business.">

and for comparison, the one from your website:

<meta data-react-helmet="true" name="description" content="Get latest Wow coupon codes &amp; offers for upto 70% discount. Extra 10% OFF Wow promo codes on skin, hair, bath &amp; body products. 11% cashback extra. Shop Now!" itemprop="description">

itemprop="description" is redundant and was originally schema for social, it's better to use opengraph for twitter/facebook than adding here.

With that said, I don't think that's the cause of the issue.

A couple of things about SERPs:

1 - Google decides what is most relevant to display for your page, even if you add a description, it might display something else entirely

2 - Are there any errors in Google Search Console? your website is properly indexed, but if you changed your meta description after it was indexed you might need to resubmit.

Your meta description should be as relevant as possible to the content on your page.

If my reply answered your question please mark it as a solution to make it easier for others to find.

Jennifer Nixon - Delivery Lead at Aptitude 8

connect with Jen on Linkedin

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1
Jnix284
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @GPandey3 I can confirm that your meta description is available in the code:

Jnix284_0-1712577301809.png

and that it is also blank for me in SERPs:

Jnix284_1-1712577360822.png

Here is an example of the meta description from HubSpot.com:

<meta name="description" content="HubSpot's CRM platform contains the marketing, sales, service, operations, and website-building software you need to grow your business.">

and for comparison, the one from your website:

<meta data-react-helmet="true" name="description" content="Get latest Wow coupon codes &amp; offers for upto 70% discount. Extra 10% OFF Wow promo codes on skin, hair, bath &amp; body products. 11% cashback extra. Shop Now!" itemprop="description">

itemprop="description" is redundant and was originally schema for social, it's better to use opengraph for twitter/facebook than adding here.

With that said, I don't think that's the cause of the issue.

A couple of things about SERPs:

1 - Google decides what is most relevant to display for your page, even if you add a description, it might display something else entirely

2 - Are there any errors in Google Search Console? your website is properly indexed, but if you changed your meta description after it was indexed you might need to resubmit.

Your meta description should be as relevant as possible to the content on your page.

If my reply answered your question please mark it as a solution to make it easier for others to find.

Jennifer Nixon - Delivery Lead at Aptitude 8

connect with Jen on Linkedin