Content Strategy & SEO

nandinighosh
Contributor

Multiple IP Addresses for Same Domain

SOLVE

Hi!

The website domain I'm developing has a subfolder for its Japan-specific site page. For better SEO purposes, I'm trying to add a secondary IP address for the website to host the pages that are strictly Japan-specific.

Does HubSpot provide built-in support for this? If not, are there secondary plugins or tools that could help?

Thanks!

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
kmcready
Solution
Participant

SOLVE

Hi @nandinighosh , this is a great question when it come to multi-language / country web design & SEO. 

So, based on what you're trying to achieve there could be two ways to handle this:

1. Use the same IP Address but set up your /jp/ subfolder and utilize the "lang=jp" meta tag in your header. This will automatically translate any Japan-specific viewers to view your content in Japanese. However, this takes some careful setup and requires translating.
  2. IP Addresses are usually tied to the hosting accounts of the website, for example: if you've ever bought a web hosting account first and put your website on it, the URL is typically an IP Address (mainly because no name was assigned to that IP Address). If you really wanted to segment users and have different IP Addresses for different countries, you'd probably have to purchase another hosting account from a Japanese web hosting company that can provide you with their local IP Addresses. Then you'd have to duplicate your website, translate it, and upload it to the new Japanese specific web hosting account. You'd also have a whole different domain name, like "www.website.jp". 

HubSpot does have the "lang = jp" feature when building the site, but unless you use a subdomain or another connected domain from Japan, I don't think there's a way to get a second IP Address connected to your account.

Hope this helps!

Thanks,

Kevin

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
kmcready
Solution
Participant

SOLVE

Hi @nandinighosh , this is a great question when it come to multi-language / country web design & SEO. 

So, based on what you're trying to achieve there could be two ways to handle this:

1. Use the same IP Address but set up your /jp/ subfolder and utilize the "lang=jp" meta tag in your header. This will automatically translate any Japan-specific viewers to view your content in Japanese. However, this takes some careful setup and requires translating.
  2. IP Addresses are usually tied to the hosting accounts of the website, for example: if you've ever bought a web hosting account first and put your website on it, the URL is typically an IP Address (mainly because no name was assigned to that IP Address). If you really wanted to segment users and have different IP Addresses for different countries, you'd probably have to purchase another hosting account from a Japanese web hosting company that can provide you with their local IP Addresses. Then you'd have to duplicate your website, translate it, and upload it to the new Japanese specific web hosting account. You'd also have a whole different domain name, like "www.website.jp". 

HubSpot does have the "lang = jp" feature when building the site, but unless you use a subdomain or another connected domain from Japan, I don't think there's a way to get a second IP Address connected to your account.

Hope this helps!

Thanks,

Kevin

nandinighosh
Contributor

SOLVE

Thanks Kevin! This was really helpful, I appreciate it.

Best,

Nandini

0 Upvotes
MiaSrebrnjak
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @nandinighosh,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community!

I wanted to tag in a couple of subject matter experts to see if they have any recommendations: 

Hi @mbrown@kmcready@stefen, do you have any advice for @nandinighosh? Thank you!

Cheers
Mia, Community Team    

Wusstest du, dass es auch eine DACH-Community gibt?
Nimm an regionalen Unterhaltungen teil, indem du deine Spracheinstellungen änderst

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by
changing your language settings