Content Strategy & SEO

ozgesila
Contributor

Main Meta Description on Google cannot change

SOLVE

Hello,

I've updated my home page's meta description but its not change on google search results, is there any specific part that I make those edits?

I made those change on www.mysite.com and I searched my name on google, the search results are show the www.mysite.com but the meta is different

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
mike-ward
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Hi @ozgesila ,

You'll have to wait for Google to recrawl your site - at which point it will make the updates... probably. Google doesn't always use your own meta description, sometimes it generates its own - but generally it will.

You can either wait for Google to recrawl it at some point (could be some days), or you can request a recrawl using the Google Search Console Tools. I think they generally recrawl your site within 48 hours of the request being made, often sooner. If you're not already using the Search Console Tools, it's definitely worth setting up and keeping an eye on it from time-to-time, as it'll help you really understand how Google sees your site.

Hope that help.

Cheers,

Mike

---

Did I answer your question? If your question is answered, please mark it as a solution. If you need more help, hit that big orange 'Reply' button!

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1
mike-ward
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Hi @ozgesila ,

You'll have to wait for Google to recrawl your site - at which point it will make the updates... probably. Google doesn't always use your own meta description, sometimes it generates its own - but generally it will.

You can either wait for Google to recrawl it at some point (could be some days), or you can request a recrawl using the Google Search Console Tools. I think they generally recrawl your site within 48 hours of the request being made, often sooner. If you're not already using the Search Console Tools, it's definitely worth setting up and keeping an eye on it from time-to-time, as it'll help you really understand how Google sees your site.

Hope that help.

Cheers,

Mike

---

Did I answer your question? If your question is answered, please mark it as a solution. If you need more help, hit that big orange 'Reply' button!