Content Strategy & SEO

PauricKettyles
Participant

Linking other sites SEO

Hi, Hubspot community!

I have been using SEO for 8 months now and am unsure of what outbound sites  I can use within my articles when publishing as they may be seen as copy-right. 

Can someone give me some info on what I can and cannot use? 

Thanks 

7 Replies 7
DJhon

Linking other sites SEO

Yes, You can use it. But it should be relevant site. For example your website is related to games and apps then outbound link must be related to games category. Thanks

mod game apk  

0 Upvotes
TBarbour

Linking other sites SEO

Hi Djhon

Linking to other high-quality and relevant websites can benefit SEO by demonstrating to search engines that your website is a valuable source of information and part of a larger web ecosystem. However, it's important to avoid excessive or irrelevant outbound links, as this can negatively impact user experience and may be viewed as spammy by search engines. Additionally, it's important to ensure that any outbound links are properly formatted and include descriptive anchor text to improve accessibility and context for users and search engines.

Thank you😍

0 Upvotes
Rranjankush22
Participant

Linking other sites SEO

Hey, I know you've already got the reply for which you were looking for the I would like to add some inputs here.

• Make sure that your anchor text and the urls which you link will match. 
  • Always add nofollow attributes to third-party websites on your blogs while adding links.
  • Go go with long and go text on long tail keywords to choose anchor text and link them.

I hope the above points will help you.

Thanks

DavidDennison
Key Advisor

Linking other sites SEO

Google has given further advice that always adding nofollow could be seen as spammy and could result in penalities. I would be careful with this approach.

David Dennison

Search Engine Optimization

and Content Marketing Expert

mobilePhone
702-556-5062
emailAddress
david@daviddennison.com
website
https://daviddennison.com
Josh
Recognized Expert | Platinum Partner

Linking other sites SEO

Hi @PauricKettyles,

In my opinion, this would be fine and this approach is done every day by marketers in blog posts and other types of content.

Josh 

Did this post help solve your problem? If so, please mark it as a solution.

Josh Curcio

HubSpot support and inbound marketing for OEMs, contract manufacturers, and industrial suppliers.
HubSpot Platinum Partner & HubSpot Certified Trainer

Josh

Linking other sites SEO

Hi @PauricKettyles,

As far as linking to other sites go you can link to any website page without penalty. You do not need permission from the other website owner.

One thing to note: you should not link to content that you know is violating copyright laws.

Disclaimer: I am not a lawyer.

Did this post help solve your problem? If so, please mark it as a solution.

Josh Curcio

HubSpot support and inbound marketing for OEMs, contract manufacturers, and industrial suppliers.
HubSpot Platinum Partner & HubSpot Certified Trainer

PauricKettyles
Participant

Linking other sites SEO

Hi @Josh , 

so just say i am talking about the price of fuel going up. Just say I put it into my own words but hyperlink key facts that direct users to the site I got it from. would you say that is copyright? 

Thanks