Content Strategy & SEO

KarimElg

Issue with Ideal Customer Profile

SOLVE

I've configured the Ideal Customer Profile (ICP) tier for all our target accounts, but this information isn't reflecting in our Account-Based Marketing (ABM) report. Has anyone encountered this issue, and can you advise on a resolution?

Screenshot 2023-11-06 at 1.34.21 PM.png

1 Accepted solution
danmoyle
Solution
Most Valuable Member | Elite Partner

SOLVE

@KarimElg clarifying question (as I've had to ask myslef this when helping clients): Did you create the workflow, and is the workflow firing? Also, do the companies who should meet the criteria have the necessary data in their properties? 

Update your ABM properties using workflows

The default workflow template Update company properties based on defined criteria is designed as an example for ABM. This template demonstrates how you can assign a tier value based on a company's Annual revenue value.

You can select this template when creating a company workflow:

• In your HubSpot account, navigate to Automation > Workflows.
  • In the upper right, click Create workflow.
  • In the left panel, click the Templates tab.
  • Click the Type dropdown menu and select Companies.
  • Select the Update company properties based on defined criteria template as a possible demonstration for an ABM workflow.

Customize it to fit the profile of your ideal customer (e.g., updating the annual revenue amounts, selecting other properties such as industry and country).

danmoyle_0-1699365145355.png

That's where I'd start. Then I'd look at the Company records to ensure the data exists, and investigate whether they should be marked as your tiers you've set up. 

Did my answer help? Please "mark as a solution" to help others find answers. Plus I really appreciate it!

Dan Moyle

HubSpot Advisor

LearningOps | Impulse Creative

emailAddress
dan@impulsecreative.com
website
https://impulsecreative.com/

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
danmoyle
Solution

SOLVE

@KarimElg clarifying question (as I've had to ask myslef this when helping clients): Did you create the workflow, and is the workflow firing? Also, do the companies who should meet the criteria have the necessary data in their properties? 

Update your ABM properties using workflows

The default workflow template Update company properties based on defined criteria is designed as an example for ABM. This template demonstrates how you can assign a tier value based on a company's Annual revenue value.

You can select this template when creating a company workflow:

• In your HubSpot account, navigate to Automation > Workflows.
  • In the upper right, click Create workflow.
  • In the left panel, click the Templates tab.
  • Click the Type dropdown menu and select Companies.
  • Select the Update company properties based on defined criteria template as a possible demonstration for an ABM workflow.

Customize it to fit the profile of your ideal customer (e.g., updating the annual revenue amounts, selecting other properties such as industry and country).

danmoyle_0-1699365145355.png

That's where I'd start. Then I'd look at the Company records to ensure the data exists, and investigate whether they should be marked as your tiers you've set up. 

Did my answer help? Please "mark as a solution" to help others find answers. Plus I really appreciate it!

Dan Moyle

HubSpot Advisor

LearningOps | Impulse Creative

emailAddress
dan@impulsecreative.com
website
https://impulsecreative.com/
KarimElg

SOLVE

Thanks @danmoyle for your help! I had to tweak the company workflow template but it works now 😉

Mike_Eastwood
Key Advisor | Gold Partner
Key Advisor | Gold Partner

SOLVE

Hi @KarimElg 

I remember reading somewhere that the Report data can cache for up to 15 minutes.

Has your chart updated yet?

Mike

Here to learn more about HubSpot and share my HubSpot Knowledge. I'm the founder of Webalite a Gold HubSpot Partner Agency based in Wellington, New Zealand and the founder of Portal-iQ the world's first automated HubSpot Portal Audit that helps you work smarter with HubSpot.

0 Upvotes
KarimElg

SOLVE

Hi @Mike_Eastwood ,

The chart has updated, yet it still isn't showing up. The target accounts dashboard also fails to display it, although the ICP tier is visible and accurate when individual accounts are accessed.

0 Upvotes