Content Strategy & SEO

Diana1
Participant | Elite Partner

Inbound blogging for employees

SOLVE

Currently we are in charge of a specific blog for employees of the biggest bank in my country, dedicated to teach them about digital transformation. There are buyer personas from every department of the bank (marketing, channels, lawyers, IT, PMO etc...) There are 10 different buyer personas! I am struggling to make content for every one of this personas and are at my wits end. Any ideas of how to make a content strategy and how to use SEO for this many people?

0 Upvotes
2 Accepted solutions
ajchapman20
Solution
Top Contributor | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @Diana1, I understand that you are trying to write dedicated digital transformation blogs for the different personas. If you are new to inbound blogging, I would start small with three different personas. Focus on their challenges and approaches, rather than job titles. For instance, a project manager or a martketer would consume content differently than an executive or CEO. 

As for content strategy and SEO, I would start by running a keyword research to see which keywords your company is ranking for and which keywords you would like to target. From there, you could create a topic cluster to map out your pillar page and subtopic blog pages.

My recommendation is to focus on the keywords that will drive valuable traffic to your site. You can easily modify your content to fit the target personas. 

Hope that helps. Feel free to reach out if you need more clarity. 

Alex Chapman | Inbound marketing Expert

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
sparnell
Solution
Participant | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Considering the 10 different personas, I would do the following if I were you:

• Determine how to prioritize the top 10 in three segments: high, medium and low priority
  • Establish goals for how much content will be created for each persona per month/quarter/year
  • Count up how much content has already been created for each persona and how much more is needed
  • Understand the problems and opportunities of digital transformation for each persona, including interviewing people in each persona (note patterns to identify content that will appeal to multiple or all personas so you can kill more than one bird with one stone, so to speak)
  • Brainstorm content ideas
  • Prioritize content ideas based on persona priorities
  • Start writing and have people in each persona review your content before it's published
  • Meet every two weeks with whoever is commissioning the content to stay on track

Let me know if that helps and if you have questions.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
sparnell
Solution

SOLVE

Considering the 10 different personas, I would do the following if I were you:

• Determine how to prioritize the top 10 in three segments: high, medium and low priority
  • Establish goals for how much content will be created for each persona per month/quarter/year
  • Count up how much content has already been created for each persona and how much more is needed
  • Understand the problems and opportunities of digital transformation for each persona, including interviewing people in each persona (note patterns to identify content that will appeal to multiple or all personas so you can kill more than one bird with one stone, so to speak)
  • Brainstorm content ideas
  • Prioritize content ideas based on persona priorities
  • Start writing and have people in each persona review your content before it's published
  • Meet every two weeks with whoever is commissioning the content to stay on track

Let me know if that helps and if you have questions.

Diana1

SOLVE

¡Thanks, so helpful!

0 Upvotes
ajchapman20
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @Diana1, I understand that you are trying to write dedicated digital transformation blogs for the different personas. If you are new to inbound blogging, I would start small with three different personas. Focus on their challenges and approaches, rather than job titles. For instance, a project manager or a martketer would consume content differently than an executive or CEO. 

As for content strategy and SEO, I would start by running a keyword research to see which keywords your company is ranking for and which keywords you would like to target. From there, you could create a topic cluster to map out your pillar page and subtopic blog pages.

My recommendation is to focus on the keywords that will drive valuable traffic to your site. You can easily modify your content to fit the target personas. 

Hope that helps. Feel free to reach out if you need more clarity. 

Alex Chapman | Inbound marketing Expert
0 Upvotes
Diana1

SOLVE

Hi, ajchapman20. Yeah, you understood correctly, thank you for your ideas. The main thing is I am not writing for an open site, but for an intranet inside the bank just open for the employees, so in addition to many buyer personas, I am writing for a captive audience that maybe doesn´t need a SEO strategy.

Nevertheless I will try to run a keyword research to give me ideas.

Many thanks Smiley Very Happy

0 Upvotes