Content Strategy & SEO

goldenraes
Participante

Hubspot, how much content do you publish on average in a year?

resolver

Writing a new article on content marketing, and I'm using Hubspot as an example of a B2B company using content marketing successfully. However, I don't have numbers and was wondering if someone here knew? I, of course, Googled it first - and went to the Hubspot blog to see. 

Just looking for # of blog posts they write on average in a year. If there's numbers on # of marketing videos, white papers, ebooks, etc. that would be awesome, but I'd be happy with just blog posts first. 

Thanks for the help! 

0 Avaliação positiva
2 Solução aceitas
adonahue
Solução
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

resolver

Thanks for looping me in, @roisinkirby. And hello, @goldenraes! Nice to meet you 🙂 While I can't speak to the Marketing Blog, Sales Blog, or Service Blog numbers, I'm more than happy to give you some info on the blog I manage, the HubSpot Academy User Blog.

We aim to publish one blog post every day except for Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays. While we do occasionally publish on Friday or publish two posts a day to accommodate product updates or additional guest contributors, we usually stick to that one post per day, four days a week schedule. So that would be about 208 posts per year.

We currently don't have a specified number of offers we track as far as whitepapers/ebooks, but we do try to include CTAs at the top and bottom of every blog post to give readers easy access to our HubSpot Academy Learning Center lessons, tracks, and certification courses.  

Exibir solução no post original

MFrankJohnson
Solução
Autoridade no assunto

resolver

Late to the party as usual. Sorry. 😞 Thanks for the tag @roisinkirby.

Hi @goldenraes. As independent HubSpot consultants, we're intensely client-focused.

We only really use our blog to publish public-facing content in direct response to client need as interest arises and as the hosting / promotion platform for our digital deliverables (i.e. eBooks, eReports, Infographics, etc.). In fact, we intentionally publish 'blog content' that doesn't show in our blog index and isn't indexed in search. (by design)

- see Marketing Lab by M. Frank Johnson

We shifted to this model in 2017 when it became obvious that returns (i.e., CTR) from 'blogging for SEO purposes' would continue to decline significantly as large blogging concerns increased domination of the landscape and, dare I say most importantly, as Google continued their relentless canibalization of indexed content for use in SERPs as Instant Answers, Knowledge Graphs, etc.. In fact, Rand Fishkin (formerly Wizard of Moz) reported a 20% drop in mobile CTR from Google between 2016-2018 during his recent presentation at BrightonSEO -- a 30 min MUST SEE for anyone blogging in 2018 and beyond.

- see The Future of SEO Is On The SERP by Rand Fishkin

All that being said, we ran across a ThinkGroup article with lots of numbers about HubSpot blogging that may interest you. Dunno how good those number are, but remembered your query and thought this would be a good place to drop the link.

- see HubSpot and Marketo Blogs: a Side-by-Side Teardown

Again, sorry about being late to your party. Hope it still helps.

Help answer your question? If so, remember to accept this solution now.

Best,
Frank

Author the Perfect HubSpot Series

hubspot-solutions-signature-mfrankjohnson-v05.png

MFrankJohnson.com | Connect on LinkedIn

Help find posts quickly ... accept this solution now.

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com

Exibir solução no post original

0 Avaliação positiva
7 Respostas 7
webdew
Orientador(a) | Parceiro Diamante
Orientador(a) | Parceiro Diamante

resolver

Hi! 

Inbound marketing is the need of an hour. I believe that educating people in the form of content, either its videos, blog posts, whitepapers, case studies, etc. helps in generating website traffic and increasing sales. 

Well! When it comes to publishing the blogs, we usually publish 2-3 articles in a week, preferable Tuesday and Wednesday. I believe it’s quite a good number because uploading and sharing a large number of blog posts might irritate the audience. Sometimes, they might also miss the vital information on which they should actually focus on! But yes, maintaining consistency in the blog posts is what one should keep a check on. 

To make the blog publishing more effective, you can also schedule the blog posts by using HubSpot blogging software. It will not only save your time but also allow your content strategy to be more effective. 

webdew_0-1599315965235.png

Hope it helps!  Furthermore, if you want assistance in HubSpot, don’t hesitate to contact us. We, being HubSpot diamond partners, are there to help you in the best possible way. 

0 Avaliação positiva
john3211
Membro

resolver

it is advisable to at least publish one fresh content every day, for better ranking in google search engine result pages, websites with fresh and new information tend to rank fastly and the traffic of the site also increases.

0 Avaliação positiva
MFrankJohnson
Solução
Autoridade no assunto

resolver

Late to the party as usual. Sorry. 😞 Thanks for the tag @roisinkirby.

Hi @goldenraes. As independent HubSpot consultants, we're intensely client-focused.

We only really use our blog to publish public-facing content in direct response to client need as interest arises and as the hosting / promotion platform for our digital deliverables (i.e. eBooks, eReports, Infographics, etc.). In fact, we intentionally publish 'blog content' that doesn't show in our blog index and isn't indexed in search. (by design)

- see Marketing Lab by M. Frank Johnson

We shifted to this model in 2017 when it became obvious that returns (i.e., CTR) from 'blogging for SEO purposes' would continue to decline significantly as large blogging concerns increased domination of the landscape and, dare I say most importantly, as Google continued their relentless canibalization of indexed content for use in SERPs as Instant Answers, Knowledge Graphs, etc.. In fact, Rand Fishkin (formerly Wizard of Moz) reported a 20% drop in mobile CTR from Google between 2016-2018 during his recent presentation at BrightonSEO -- a 30 min MUST SEE for anyone blogging in 2018 and beyond.

- see The Future of SEO Is On The SERP by Rand Fishkin

All that being said, we ran across a ThinkGroup article with lots of numbers about HubSpot blogging that may interest you. Dunno how good those number are, but remembered your query and thought this would be a good place to drop the link.

- see HubSpot and Marketo Blogs: a Side-by-Side Teardown

Again, sorry about being late to your party. Hope it still helps.

Help answer your question? If so, remember to accept this solution now.

Best,
Frank

Author the Perfect HubSpot Series

hubspot-solutions-signature-mfrankjohnson-v05.png

MFrankJohnson.com | Connect on LinkedIn

Help find posts quickly ... accept this solution now.

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com
0 Avaliação positiva
roisinkirby
Equipe de Produto da HubSpot
Equipe de Produto da HubSpot

resolver

Hey @goldenraes - great question!

@emmajsb@adonahue - would you be able to lend some knowledge here?

@goldenraes we have plenty of HubSpot partners / power users in the Community who also manage their own blogs / have insights to share - tagging a few below 🙂

@Phil_Vallender@MFrankJohnson@robsobers@JoeDavies@SeanHenri@gabriel-nextiny

adonahue
Solução
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

resolver

Thanks for looping me in, @roisinkirby. And hello, @goldenraes! Nice to meet you 🙂 While I can't speak to the Marketing Blog, Sales Blog, or Service Blog numbers, I'm more than happy to give you some info on the blog I manage, the HubSpot Academy User Blog.

We aim to publish one blog post every day except for Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays. While we do occasionally publish on Friday or publish two posts a day to accommodate product updates or additional guest contributors, we usually stick to that one post per day, four days a week schedule. So that would be about 208 posts per year.

We currently don't have a specified number of offers we track as far as whitepapers/ebooks, but we do try to include CTAs at the top and bottom of every blog post to give readers easy access to our HubSpot Academy Learning Center lessons, tracks, and certification courses.  

goldenraes
Participante

resolver

Thank you, @adonahue! It's nice to meet you as well!

That's great help. Looking at the other Hubspot blogs, I would guess it's about the same. 

For CTAs, do you publish new ebooks/whitepapers once a month or once a quarter? Or is it more on a 'as-needed' basis (when you see a gap in content)?

Thanks for looping everyone in, @roisinkirby

0 Avaliação positiva
adonahue
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

resolver

We don't really link out to whitepapers or ebooks for the HubSpot Academy User Blog. We focus on leading our readers to our educational content in the HubSpot Academy Learning Center 🙂