Content Strategy & SEO

ErinKas
Contributeur de premier rang

HubSpot Vidyard VS YouTube

Résolue

Can anyone help determine best practices for which link (YouTube vs HubSpot) to promote on social and which of the two hosted videos (YouTube vs HubSpot) we should be promoting on our website? That may sounds like an odd question, but I’ve read articles that say posting YouTube videos to your website increases SEO, so I just want to be sure we are doing the right thing. I’m not sure how this HubSpot integration changes the playing field with Google SEO. For example, would we use the HubSpot video on our blog page and in social and just leave the YouTube channel be by itself? To me, it seems like we are duplicating efforts. What am I missing? Can anyone help here please> Thanks in Advance!

2 Solutions acceptées
ErinKas
Solution

Résolue

Thank you for that response @agirard as well as the links to the articles.....Seems like I am leaning towards YouTube then? What are your thoughts about using both platforms and having the video live on HubSpot as well as YouTube?  Maybe a silly question but does Google see videos as duplicate content?

Thanks!

Voir la solution dans l'envoi d'origine

gabriel-nextiny
Solution
Guide | Partenaire solutions Diamond

Résolue

Hi Erin,

If your goal is to increase SEO on website pages, I would recommend using Wistia for your videos, since it is highly optimized for that. Here's some info about Video SEO with Wistia and how the HubSpot-Wistia integration works. Also, remember that regular embedding (on the page) works better for SEO than pop-up embedding, since Google indexes that differently.

I also recommend uploading to native platforms for social since videos on youtube get more exposure on youtube, facebook videos on facebook, etc... Youtube videos are great for SEO but not for your website, you can make the youtube video come up on the first page of Google, but remember, you are sending traffic to youtube, not your site. It all depends on your goals for the videos.

If you use Wistia, videos are also indexed by google (like youtube videos do) and they come up "as videos" on the search, but send people to your page 🙂 . so cool.

I hope this helps, if it does, please mark as a solution.

If you have any other questions, let me know and we can dig deeper.

Gabriel.

Voir la solution dans l'envoi d'origine

9 Réponses
gabriel-nextiny
Solution

Résolue

Hi Erin,

If your goal is to increase SEO on website pages, I would recommend using Wistia for your videos, since it is highly optimized for that. Here's some info about Video SEO with Wistia and how the HubSpot-Wistia integration works. Also, remember that regular embedding (on the page) works better for SEO than pop-up embedding, since Google indexes that differently.

I also recommend uploading to native platforms for social since videos on youtube get more exposure on youtube, facebook videos on facebook, etc... Youtube videos are great for SEO but not for your website, you can make the youtube video come up on the first page of Google, but remember, you are sending traffic to youtube, not your site. It all depends on your goals for the videos.

If you use Wistia, videos are also indexed by google (like youtube videos do) and they come up "as videos" on the search, but send people to your page 🙂 . so cool.

I hope this helps, if it does, please mark as a solution.

If you have any other questions, let me know and we can dig deeper.

Gabriel.

vvats
Membre

Résolue

Hi there,

I am having the same dilemma of streaming the videos on the website from HubSpot or YouTube. And I still don't have a clear answer after reading the comments. 

Here is my perspective on this-

1. You Tube is a widely used social channel and is Google's property. So the benefit of using it is- SEO and availability to large set of audience. SEO  because by streaming it on my website, the viewers are actually spending time on my website and not YouTube. Isn't it?

2. HubSpot allows me to keep it on my website which is good for SEO but its not a social channel. So smebody who is on my website will get to see it but what about those who are not. 

We can use both but then we would have to be promoting one of these to optimize efforts.

Considering above, I am leaning more towards using YouTube but please review and provide suggestions as apt.

Thank You. 

0 Votes
gabriel-nextiny

Résolue

Hi @vvats,

It all depends on the goal of your videos and your video campaign.

1 - If you want to make sure your youtube videos grow over time and you get exposure on Youtube to engage with the youtube audience, then use youtube on your website.

2 - If your goal is to promote your website and make your website grow, sending people to your site to spend time there and covert there, then use a solution like HubSpot Video or Wistia, which will be better for SEO and you get all the tracking and conversion analysis.

I hope this helps.

If it does please mark as one of the solutions.

Thanks

G

0 Votes
agirard
Équipe de développement de HubSpot

Résolue

Hi @ErinKas,

Great question. I think this Moz article does a decent job of explaining the SEO benefit of YouTube vs other platforms. If you're trying to show up for a featured snippet within Google's search results, then yes hosting your video on YouTube is probably a strong option that you should pursue. However, if you're focused on retaining on site engagement, than hosting your content on a secure platform like HubSpot Video or Wistia and driving traffic to your site is still the best option. Keep in mind that any video hosted on your page (YouTube or non-YouTube) will most likely increase time on page --- a strong signal to Google that your content is answering people's query well. This will naturally result in an SEO boost.

Let me know if I can clarify further!

Best,

Alex

agirard

Résolue

It's also worth noting that YouTube Reporting within the social tool is currently in beta, and will be available to all Marketing Hub Enterprise users within the coming month. 

ErinKas
Solution

Résolue

Thank you for that response @agirard as well as the links to the articles.....Seems like I am leaning towards YouTube then? What are your thoughts about using both platforms and having the video live on HubSpot as well as YouTube?  Maybe a silly question but does Google see videos as duplicate content?

Thanks!

agirard

Résolue

Another great question, @ErinKas. According to Wistia, this shouldn't be a problem --- so long as you aren't doing something like putting both a YouTube video and a HubSpot Video/Wistia video on the same page. 

Let me know if I can clarify further!

0 Votes
MFrankJohnson
Leader d'opinion

Résolue

Vidyard <> YouTube <> Wistia ... Not even close.

After reading / writing Ask Us Anything - HubSpot Sales Hub, I'd be floored to learn there were any SEO benefits to using Vidyard. May be worth revisiting in 2019.

Best,
Frank

hubspot-solutions-signature-mfrankjohnson-v05.png

www.MFrankJohnson.com

Help find this post quickly ... accept this solution now.

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com
0 Votes
lathurm
Membre

Résolue

Following....