Content Strategy & SEO

ozgesila
投稿者

Having too many URL redirections, is it a problem?

解決

Hello,

I would like to ask your opinions about URL redirections.

I am always curious about the way they work. 

example 1: After page published, we decide to change the URL but also need to keep the traffic from the channels that we distributed. So we added the redirection, how does HubSpot track this? On the final page (last URL), will I see the sources from the first URL?

Also what could be the side effects of having multiple URL redirections for the same page?

0 いいね!
1件の承認済みベストアンサー
Aakar
解決策
キーアドバイザー

解決

Hi @ozgesila 

There's no issue redirecting multiple URLs to your page. It's a must-have thing for UX & SEO.

However, it's suggested to redirect a page only once. It means if you are redirecting to page B from A & then from B to C (A -> B -> C). It's best to redirect A to C & B to C (A -> C and B -> C) directly. If you use multiple redirects, it'll take time to resolve the URL as it has to go through multiple nodes, and that's not a good UX. A user have to wait for all URLs to resolve.

Thanks

Aakar Anil
Marketing Technologist
aakar.me | @aakarpost | in/aakarpost

元の投稿で解決策を見る

2件の返信
Aakar
解決策
キーアドバイザー

解決

Hi @ozgesila 

There's no issue redirecting multiple URLs to your page. It's a must-have thing for UX & SEO.

However, it's suggested to redirect a page only once. It means if you are redirecting to page B from A & then from B to C (A -> B -> C). It's best to redirect A to C & B to C (A -> C and B -> C) directly. If you use multiple redirects, it'll take time to resolve the URL as it has to go through multiple nodes, and that's not a good UX. A user have to wait for all URLs to resolve.

Thanks

Aakar Anil
Marketing Technologist
aakar.me | @aakarpost | in/aakarpost
PamCotton
コミュニティーマネージャー
コミュニティーマネージャー

解決

Hello @ozgesila 

Happy Friday!

I will tag some top experts on this matter, @JonPayne , @karstenkoehler , @webdew , what would you suggest?

Thank you!

Pam

Você sabia que a Comunidade está disponível em outros idiomas?
Participe de conversas regionais, alterando suas configurações de idioma !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 いいね!