Content Strategy & SEO

LionMedia
Miembro

Guest Posting Question

resolver

In order to build back links you need to think about your strategy as building relationships, not building links.

So, one way to add value, and build relationships is through guest posting. 

My question is, after you've successfully created a guest post, should you include one link to your site in that guest post? Or am I taking the wrong approach? 

Hope to hear back soon. 

0 Me gusta
2 Soluciones aceptadas
Josh
Solución
Experto reconocido | Partner nivel Platinum

Guest Posting Question

resolver

Hi @LionMedia,

Yes, the key point is adding value! You'll want to add at least one link back to your site that adds additional value to the reader. Ideally it won't be to your home page, but instead something highly relevant to the guest post article itself. If it makes sense to have more than one and provides additional value, that's OK too. From an SEO perspective for yourself, try and use relevant anchor text vs your brand name or "click here".

Overall, I think you're taking the right approach. Build relationships and add value!

Thanks for the ping @jennysowyrda!

Did this post help solve your problem? If so, please mark it as a solution.

Josh Curcio

HubSpot support and inbound marketing for OEMs, contract manufacturers, and industrial suppliers.
HubSpot Platinum Partner & HubSpot Certified Trainer

Ver la solución en mensaje original publicado

adonahue
Solución
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Guest Posting Question

resolver

Hello, @LionMedia ! I wanted to dive in here as well. Nice to meet you. My name's Abi, and I'm the Content Manager at HubSpot Academy. You bring up an excellent question 🙂 

Similar to what @Josh  advises, yes! You should include a link or two to your site in guest posts.

You definitely want to prioritize your relationship with readers and the editor of the blog you're working with first. So if the editor has a rule against backlinks in guest posts, then align with the rule, leave out backlinks to your site, and publish your post anyways. It's still a fantastic opportunity to get your brand out there and build a relationship with the editor and the blog's audience.  

But if you get the green light to include a backlink or two (usually the editor will specify a limit), then include links that are valuable for the reader and will help them gain greater insight into your blog post's material. Just avoid "link stuffing," or stuffing your post with tons of links in an effort to drive traffic to your site.

So in short, let your site's amazing content shine in your guest blog posts! Just keep everything in moderation, and check in with the blog's editor when in doubt. 

Best of luck in your guest contributions! 

Thanks,

Abi

Ver la solución en mensaje original publicado

5 Respuestas 5
JonPayne
Asesor destacado | Partner nivel Diamond
Asesor destacado | Partner nivel Diamond

Guest Posting Question

resolver

Hello @LionMedia - Old topic but just wanted to add to @Josh's great answer, in case anyone else is having the same problem. If you're guest posting and adding value as he describes, then make sure you link out to other useful pages on the site that you're actually writing for. Website editors love to see useful content that promotes THEIR OWN content... and they're much more likely to let you have a nice prominent link back to your site if you do 🙂

webdew
Guía | Partner nivel Diamond
Guía | Partner nivel Diamond

Guest Posting Question

resolver

Hi!

Guest posting is one of the most effective marketing strategies which is commonly used to improve brand awareness, build relationships and rank websites in the top searches of Google.

Well! Some people think that adding more links will add more value to the content, but actually, it's not true. It totally depends on how long your content is. Say, if your content is of 500 words, then it is always recommended to add one link to your site. But if the content is around 1500 words, you can add 3 links as well. But make sure the link you add is relevant and add values to the content. 

Whenever you add a link to your site, try linking it with a valuable blog, instead of your home page/service page. It will help the readers understand the concept, build a strong relationship and drive more traffic to your website. So, always go with the quality of links instead of the quantity. 

Hope it helps! Furthermore, if you want assistance in HubSpot, don't hesitate to contact us. We, HubSpot diamond partners, are there to help you in the best possible way. 

0 Me gusta
adonahue
Solución
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Guest Posting Question

resolver

Hello, @LionMedia ! I wanted to dive in here as well. Nice to meet you. My name's Abi, and I'm the Content Manager at HubSpot Academy. You bring up an excellent question 🙂 

Similar to what @Josh  advises, yes! You should include a link or two to your site in guest posts.

You definitely want to prioritize your relationship with readers and the editor of the blog you're working with first. So if the editor has a rule against backlinks in guest posts, then align with the rule, leave out backlinks to your site, and publish your post anyways. It's still a fantastic opportunity to get your brand out there and build a relationship with the editor and the blog's audience.  

But if you get the green light to include a backlink or two (usually the editor will specify a limit), then include links that are valuable for the reader and will help them gain greater insight into your blog post's material. Just avoid "link stuffing," or stuffing your post with tons of links in an effort to drive traffic to your site.

So in short, let your site's amazing content shine in your guest blog posts! Just keep everything in moderation, and check in with the blog's editor when in doubt. 

Best of luck in your guest contributions! 

Thanks,

Abi

jennysowyrda
Administrador de la comunidad
Administrador de la comunidad

Guest Posting Question

resolver

Hi @LionMedia,

I want to tag in some users who have discussed similar topics before. @gabriel-nextiny@Josh@dkelly do you have any tips for @LionMedia in regards to guest posting? 

Thanks,
Jenny

0 Me gusta
Josh
Solución

Guest Posting Question

resolver

Hi @LionMedia,

Yes, the key point is adding value! You'll want to add at least one link back to your site that adds additional value to the reader. Ideally it won't be to your home page, but instead something highly relevant to the guest post article itself. If it makes sense to have more than one and provides additional value, that's OK too. From an SEO perspective for yourself, try and use relevant anchor text vs your brand name or "click here".

Overall, I think you're taking the right approach. Build relationships and add value!

Thanks for the ping @jennysowyrda!

Did this post help solve your problem? If so, please mark it as a solution.

Josh Curcio

HubSpot support and inbound marketing for OEMs, contract manufacturers, and industrial suppliers.
HubSpot Platinum Partner & HubSpot Certified Trainer