Content Strategy & SEO

Poul_19
Participant

GTmetrix or PageSpeed Insights

SOLVE

How do GTmetrix and PageSpeed Insights evaluate website performance, and what factors do they consider in their analysis?

2 Accepted solutions
Jaycee_Lewis
Solution
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hey, @Poul_19 👋 I did a quick search and found this article, which gives a good overview of what you are asking — GTmetrix vs PageSpeed Insights: Website monitoring tools comparison

If you have additional HubSpot-specific questions, please add them here, and we can invite our community members to offer their insight and experience.

Best,

Jaycee

linkedin

Jaycee Lewis

Developer Community Manager

Community | HubSpot

View solution in original post

GRajput
Solution
Key Advisor | Platinum Partner

SOLVE

Hi @Poul_19 

GTmetrix and PageSpeed Insights are two commonly used website performance analysis tools that evaluate a website's performance and provide detailed reports. These reports help website owners and developers identify areas for improvement and optimize their site's performance.

GTmetrix and PageSpeed Insights evaluate website performance by analyzing various factors that impact a website's speed, including:

Server response time: The time it takes for the server to respond to a request from the client.

Image optimization: The size of images and whether they are optimized for web use.

Browser caching: Whether the website uses caching to store files locally, reducing the need for repeated requests to the server.

Minification: The process of removing unnecessary characters from code to reduce file size and improve page load times.

Compression: The use of Gzip compression to reduce the size of files sent from the server to the client.

JavaScript and CSS optimization: The optimization of JavaScript and CSS files to reduce their size and improve page load times.

Redirects: The number of redirects on a page and whether they are unnecessary.

Render-blocking resources: Resources that block the page from rendering until they are loaded, such as JavaScript and CSS files.

Mobile-friendliness: Whether the website is optimized for mobile devices.

Page size: The total size of the page, including all resources like images, CSS, and JavaScript.

GTmetrix and PageSpeed Insights use different methods to evaluate website performance, but both provide detailed reports that highlight areas for improvement. GTmetrix provides a detailed breakdown of each factor, along with suggestions for improvement, while PageSpeed Insights provides a score out of 100 and recommendations for optimization.

Please mark it as SOLUTION ACCEPTED if you like the solution.

Thank you!

Gaurav Rajput
Director, MarTech( Growth Natives)

Book a meeting

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6
GRajput
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @Poul_19 

GTmetrix and PageSpeed Insights are two commonly used website performance analysis tools that evaluate a website's performance and provide detailed reports. These reports help website owners and developers identify areas for improvement and optimize their site's performance.

GTmetrix and PageSpeed Insights evaluate website performance by analyzing various factors that impact a website's speed, including:

Server response time: The time it takes for the server to respond to a request from the client.

Image optimization: The size of images and whether they are optimized for web use.

Browser caching: Whether the website uses caching to store files locally, reducing the need for repeated requests to the server.

Minification: The process of removing unnecessary characters from code to reduce file size and improve page load times.

Compression: The use of Gzip compression to reduce the size of files sent from the server to the client.

JavaScript and CSS optimization: The optimization of JavaScript and CSS files to reduce their size and improve page load times.

Redirects: The number of redirects on a page and whether they are unnecessary.

Render-blocking resources: Resources that block the page from rendering until they are loaded, such as JavaScript and CSS files.

Mobile-friendliness: Whether the website is optimized for mobile devices.

Page size: The total size of the page, including all resources like images, CSS, and JavaScript.

GTmetrix and PageSpeed Insights use different methods to evaluate website performance, but both provide detailed reports that highlight areas for improvement. GTmetrix provides a detailed breakdown of each factor, along with suggestions for improvement, while PageSpeed Insights provides a score out of 100 and recommendations for optimization.

Please mark it as SOLUTION ACCEPTED if you like the solution.

Thank you!

Gaurav Rajput
Director, MarTech( Growth Natives)

Book a meeting

Poul_19
Participant

SOLVE

Here is my site Gtmetrix score.

Grade: A
Performance: 99%
Structure: 91%
Largest Contentful Paint: 428ms
Total Blocking Time: 0ms
Cumulative Layout Shift:0.07

Now what will you prefer me? Should i try to increase it more or leave it as it is. Because it is getting dificult for me to increase it more.

My site : https://www.komprise.com/glossary_terms/data-migration/

Jnix284
Most Valuable Member | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

@Poul_19 I think you've reached the point where your efforts won't exceed the reward.

You have a really high score that most only dream of 😉

I ran our website https://www.maka-agency.com/ so you can compare:

Grade: A
Performance: 99%
Structure: 98%
Largest Contentful Paint: 740ms
Total Blocking Time: 46ms
Cumulative Layout Shift: 0

There will always be room to improve, it's different for everyone, but once you reach this level, it really starts to make it hard to justify the ROI on your time.

If my reply answered your question please mark it as a solution to make it easier for others to find.

Jennifer Nixon - Delivery Lead at Aptitude 8

connect with Jen on Linkedin

Jaycee_Lewis
Solution
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hey, @Poul_19 👋 I did a quick search and found this article, which gives a good overview of what you are asking — GTmetrix vs PageSpeed Insights: Website monitoring tools comparison

If you have additional HubSpot-specific questions, please add them here, and we can invite our community members to offer their insight and experience.

Best,

Jaycee

linkedin

Jaycee Lewis

Community | HubSpot

Jaycee_Lewis
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Here are a few more details:

GTmetrix uses a grading system to evaluate a website's performance. The grading system is based on several factors, including page speed, page size, and the number of requests. The grading system provides a quick overview of a website's performance, with a score ranging from 0 to 100.

PageSpeed Insights uses a scoring system to evaluate a website's performance. The scoring system is based on several factors, including the time to above-the-fold load, time to full page load, and more. The score ranges from 0 to 100, with a score of 90 or above considered as good performance.

Have fun building! — Jaycee

linkedin

Jaycee Lewis

Community | HubSpot

Jnix284

SOLVE

@Poul_19 some of the factors you should consider when building your website and focusing on performance are:

• optimizing and compressing images (sizing them appropriately and using tinypng.com or similar to compress without losing quality)
  • minimizing third-party scripts and using Google Tag Manager to centralize
  • avoid videos in the viewport that autoplay
  • load only the fonts you need, be intentional about the fonts used

If you'd like to learn more about SEO and website performance, I've started a new HUG (HubSpot User Group) just for this!

Join the SEO + Performance + CMS Hug 🙂

If my reply answered your question please mark it as a solution to make it easier for others to find.

Jennifer Nixon - Delivery Lead at Aptitude 8

connect with Jen on Linkedin