Content Strategy & SEO

GeneK
Participante

Dynamic conversion tracking and copy for lead forms

resolver

I'd like to be ble to create a form that could be inserted into the sidebar of our blog pages that would accomplish three things:

1. Generate a small bit of copy above the form that is relevant to the blog post/page the visitor is currently viewing. Example: If the page were about Fancy Widgets, some copy above the form would dynamically populate to say (print) something like Contact us about our Fancy Widgets.
  2. Upon form submission, email notifications are delivered that include information from what specific page the form was submitted from.
  3. A notification is placed into the contect record timeline that a form was submitted from the specific page they were viewing.

To be clear, what I'm after is the ability to use a single form within a template that accompishes those three goals. I don't see a way to do that. Am I missing something? I would think that this could be accomplished with a hidden form field, e.g., blog_post_url and an additional field that could either be static where I could insert the copy to be displayed above the form or, a hidden field that creates the copy from the blog post title. Possible?

0 Me gusta
1 Soluciones aceptada
Phil_Vallender
Solución
Miembro estimable | Partner nivel Diamond

resolver

Hi @GeneK

Any form submission, and the associated notification, should be recorded along with the page it was submitted on, even if that page was a blog post on which the form was a global element. So 2 and 3 shouldn't be an issue - let me know if you've observed differently. 

1 is a challenge. I think you should be able to do that with some developer knowledge, for example by inserting the current blog topic in a pre-prepared sentence at the template level. Perhaps @tjoyce could confirm?

Hope this helps.

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency

Ver la solución en mensaje original publicado

5 Respuestas 5
Phil_Vallender
Solución

resolver

Hi @GeneK

Any form submission, and the associated notification, should be recorded along with the page it was submitted on, even if that page was a blog post on which the form was a global element. So 2 and 3 shouldn't be an issue - let me know if you've observed differently. 

1 is a challenge. I think you should be able to do that with some developer knowledge, for example by inserting the current blog topic in a pre-prepared sentence at the template level. Perhaps @tjoyce could confirm?

Hope this helps.

tjoyce
Experto reconocido | Partner nivel Elite
Experto reconocido | Partner nivel Elite

resolver

Thanks for looping me in @Phil_Vallender - @GeneK #1 can be done with a little bit of javascript massaging as long as the javascript can find the relevant data on the page. Could you link us to a blog post that would contain one of these forms?

GeneK
Participante

resolver

@tjoyce and @Phil_Vallender, thanks for the replies. I don't have a contact form in the template yet, but I'll definately share once I create and insert. I'll check on #2 and #3 as @Phil_Vallender advises. Makes sense. I'll then hand-off to our dev for the .js insertion and report back.

Phil_Vallender

resolver

Hi @GeneK

How did you get on? Did we help you overcome your challenge?

Thanks, Phil.

GeneK
Participante

resolver

Hi @Phil_Vallender,

For the most part, yes. I appreciate your help as well as @tjoyce's contribution. I'll be reaching out to you via your website for additional conversation.

Best,

Gene