Content Strategy & SEO

FEngelbrecht

DECREASE_PAGE_SIMILARITY

SOLVE

Hello 

Can someone please assist me? How do I resolve this problem "DECREASE_PAGE_SIMILARITY"?

I would really appreciate any help or tips. 

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

DECREASE_PAGE_SIMILARITY

SOLVE

Hi @FEngelbrecht,

Where exactly are you seeing this message?

Search engines are known to penalize websites that contain duplicate content. I'd assume that the tool is telling you that there is already a page which is too similar and might cause a search engine to negatively act upon your website. You should always aim for as low a similarity as possible.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

DECREASE_PAGE_SIMILARITY

SOLVE

Hi @FEngelbrecht,

Where exactly are you seeing this message?

Search engines are known to penalize websites that contain duplicate content. I'd assume that the tool is telling you that there is already a page which is too similar and might cause a search engine to negatively act upon your website. You should always aim for as low a similarity as possible.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

FEngelbrecht

DECREASE_PAGE_SIMILARITY

SOLVE

Hi @Anonymous 

Thank you for the help. I saw this message when I exported the SEO analysis from HubSpot. With a bit more digging I can confirm that it refers to some of my website pages having similar URLs.

Kind regards 

0 Upvotes