Content Strategy & SEO

Foxtrot91
Participante

Canoncial Tags Set to Http Instead of HTTP

resolver

I noticed all of our landing pages are being canonicalized to the HTTP version of the URL instead of HTTPS:// 

For the pages I want in search, is there a way to update this globally across the site in the HubSpot settings? 

or will I have to go through each individual landing page and add in a canonical tag with the HTTPS:// included? 

Thank you in advance for your help! 

2 Soluciones aceptadas
Foxtrot91
Solución
Participante

resolver

Thank you. Users can also update their canonical tag directly at the page level under extra settings. I was looking for a global solution to complete this for hundreds of pages instead of doing it page by page. 

Ver la solución en mensaje original publicado

louischausse
Solución
Asesor destacado | Partner nivel Platinum

resolver

I think I found a solution that will fix this globally. You need to require https in your domain settings:

louischausse_0-1625862991889.png

louischausse_1-1625863008464.png

Don't forget to mark my reply as a solution if you are satisfied. If not, do not hesitate to ask me anything!

Louis Chaussé from Auxilio HubSpot Solutions Partner Signature
Louis Chaussé from Auxilio HubSpot Solutions Partner Meeting link

Ver la solución en mensaje original publicado

11 Respuestas 11
louischausse
Solución

resolver

I think I found a solution that will fix this globally. You need to require https in your domain settings:

louischausse_0-1625862991889.png

louischausse_1-1625863008464.png

Don't forget to mark my reply as a solution if you are satisfied. If not, do not hesitate to ask me anything!

Louis Chaussé from Auxilio HubSpot Solutions Partner Signature
Louis Chaussé from Auxilio HubSpot Solutions Partner Meeting link
lcardona
Colaborador | Partner nivel Diamond

resolver

Hi Louis! 

Thank you so much for your recommendation. We did it last week and also applied other possible solutions. And for now the error has not been repeated.

Thanks.

lcardona

resolver

Hi! We have the same problem, but with the blog and website pages. They are being canonicalized to the HTTP version of the URL instead of HTTPS: //. And it's kind of intermittent. Suddenly it happens for a few minutes and hours and then it goes away. And we have not been able to discover the origin or how to fix it. Have you found the solution in the end?
Have you put on each page manually that the canonical page is the HTTPS version?

Thanks

webdew
Guía | Partner nivel Diamond

resolver

Hi @lcardona ,

If this is not working I think the issue may lay with your domain provider. I would suggest reaching out to them and asking why the domain is showing as HTTP when the HTTPS is set as required in Hubspot.I would also ask that if the issue persists that you can share the screenshots and examples to show that the issue is happening intermittently.

Hope this helps!

If we were able to answer your query, kindly help the community by marking it as a solution.

Thanks and Regards.

lcardona

resolver

Thank you! 

sharonlicari
Administrador de la comunidad
Administrador de la comunidad

resolver

Hey @lcardona 

Welcome to the Community!

I've suggested your colleague in this thread reach out to Google's Support team. Also, could you please try what @Foxtrot91 suggested in his last comment? 

Thank you

Sharon 

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

lcardona

resolver

Thank you Sharon! I'll revise this information.

Foxtrot91
Solución
Participante

resolver

Thank you. Users can also update their canonical tag directly at the page level under extra settings. I was looking for a global solution to complete this for hundreds of pages instead of doing it page by page. 

Foxtrot91
Participante

resolver

Thank you @webdew Unforatenly, this isn't the solution I'm looking for as our pages are already set to HTTPS:// and it's only the canonical tag that's set to Http:// incorrectly. The Domain Security Settings don't appear to impact the canonical tag (I haven't tested it personally so please correct me if I'm mistaken) 

webdew

resolver

Hi @Foxtrot91 ,

So canonical tags simply tell search engines what pages need to be displayed in search results, and so we would want to ensure that it points towards the correct page for visitors. It doesn't seem that they would experience any error per se, just that search engines may not be pulling up the right version of the page for visitors.

To my knowledge, the way that you can ensure the canonical URL is pointing towards the https version of the site, you can consider working with a developer to input the code within the HTML of the page, that would look something like:
<link rel="canonical" href="https//example.com/" />

Hope this helps!
webdew

resolver

Hi @Foxtrot91 ,

Kindly refer this article here.

Hope this helps!

If we were able to answer your query, kindly help the community by marking it as a solution.

Thanks and Regards.