Content Strategy & SEO

crystalp
Membre

Can you link more than one article or URL to a subtopic in a Cluster?

Résolue

I have a topic and subtopic, but can I link more than one blog post or URL to one subtopic?

Also,  can I then branch those subtopics out or do I need to just make a new cluster for them?

1 Solution acceptée
Phil_Vallender
Solution
Membre irremplaçable | Partenaire solutions Diamond

Résolue

HI @crystalp

For the time being, each subtopic in the content strategy tool only supports one page/post and each topic only supports one level of subtopics. 

This structure aligns with how HubSpot have implemented the strategy to grow traffic. 

Hope this helps.

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency

Voir la solution dans l'envoi d'origine

0 Votes
4 Réponses
Phil_Vallender
Solution

Résolue

HI @crystalp

For the time being, each subtopic in the content strategy tool only supports one page/post and each topic only supports one level of subtopics. 

This structure aligns with how HubSpot have implemented the strategy to grow traffic. 

Hope this helps.

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency
0 Votes
mhawley
Participant

Résolue

BUT ... we certainly have more than one article or page around a topic. It's just not reasonable to have ONLY one item for a subtopic especially since it is limited to 20 subtopics.

Marketypants
Membre

Résolue

I understand it's a ratio of one piece of content (like a blog post) to one subtopic in a content cluster, but I still wonder what to do with all the additional pertinent content on our site that could link in. For example, a blog on terminology that we split into two separate posts but both really belong under the same subtopic. 

I'm currently constructing our pillar page content architecture, but have way more content than will easily tie into my pillar pages through the topic / subtopic scheme. I would like to know what's recommended in the case of additional content; should I add links to articles outside the capacity of my topic/subtopic structure that reference a germane pillar page without bringing it in under a subtopic? Or once I fill up the topic/subtopic structure, just leave all that content out there, unlinked? 

SirJackson
Membre

Résolue

Phil: So, to further clarify, I'll use a super oversimplified example of how I think I'm learning this works. Let's say my topic is widgets, with three of the subtopics little widgets, medium widgets, and large widgets. But I've got six blogs related to each of the three subtopics (18 blogs in all per widgetry). I'm guessing my two options are, 1 - create 18 specific subtopics, rather than three broad subtopics or, 2 - create separate topic clusters for each class of widgets, with the specific widget-size related blogs as subtopics. Am I on the right track there?

For a real-time example, we have 300 blog posts that we're repurposing or redirecting. The redirect is easy enough (though time-consuming). A repurpose, though, is especially challenging, because that means finding a topic cluster (and accompanying pillar page) for the 150 or so that aren't being redirected. I'm convinced this will be worthwhile (our Google score has already increased 48 percent), but I want to be sure that with the incredible time commitment, that I'm doing it correctly. Please advise. I'd hate to be well into this or even to the end before I realize I'm doing it wrong. Make sense?

Help?